Long Forgotten Testimonials

Stood on the Kippax with at least 2,000 other City fans for Paul Power’s testimonial.

Never understood the hate he got from sone quarters. Great club servant and very good footballer.
And just like Ian Bowyer ,another City boo boy, he left, and picked up the only league title winners medal of his career,with Everton.

Not quite testimonial territory...so please bump or move as required....... but dies anyone remember the pre season tournament we played at Maine Rd, late 80s, Us, Utd, Athletics Minero and PSV, had completely dropped my mind until this moment. From what I recall it was all played in one day'
Yeah did both nights, my main memory of it is the ref advising our bench to take Paul Stewart off after he clattered some rag player rather than send him off.....and a well taken goal by the Brazilian team.

I think the Roy Clarke game was in 73 as the game also celebrated 50 years at Maine Road. I remember Trautmann making a cameo appearance in goal when he must have been as old as the stadium.
He'd played I think in the foc Manchester v Merseyside half-time kickabout and asked to stay on, made a belting save in front of the North Stand.

City played at Oxford on a Friday night ,won 3-2 /,played in red/black, saw the team with Mal as they walked through Oxford ,went to get a pen, but they had gone when i got back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.