Lots more to come out about JT

Kinky by name said:
mcfc_die_hard said:
I can guarentee that they will sell more because its a world cup year.

go on then, how?

well for a start i hardly ever buy a paper but since this has become public and splashed all over the papers iv started to buy it :) so theres one more than they would usually sell fella.

mcfc_die_hard said:
Kinky by name said:
go on then, how?

well for a start i hardly ever buy a paper but since this has become public and splashed all over the papers iv started to buy it :) so theres one more than they would usually sell fella.

so, did you buy it for the story or because (in six months' time) we may or may not stand a chance of coming fourth in South Africa? Be honest :P

LETS PLAY A GAME
473538915_9f0badef54.jpg

Chelsea dressing room or Vanessa Perroncels bed room??

Can I ask some of you British folks to clarify something for me? Supposing Terry did in fact bet on Chelsea matches, how would that be viewed across the pond? I know that in America that would usually be grounds for his career being over but I'm curious to see what the implications of such actions would be over there. Again supposing he did bet, would it make a difference if he only bet on Chelsea to win matches as opposed to betting them to lose or draw? I'm very curious to see if there are any cultural differences on these potential allegations.

baylorblue said:
Can I ask some of you British folks to clarify something for me? Supposing Terry did in fact bet on Chelsea matches, how would that be viewed across the pond? I know that in America that would usually be grounds for his career being over but I'm curious to see what the implications of such actions would be over there. Again supposing he did bet, would it make a difference if he only bet on Chelsea to win matches as opposed to betting them to lose or draw? I'm very curious to see if there are any cultural differences on these potential allegations.

Because he is a member of the top 4 he'll get away with it. Had it been Adebayor though, no doubt it would be a different story

Ricster said:
baylorblue said:

Because he is a member of the top 4 he'll get away with it. Had it been Adebayor though, no doubt it would be a different story

Do you really think so? The best parallel I can draw in American sports is Pete Rose. He was a superstar baseball player, arguably the best hitter ever but because he gambled while he was a manager (and I think some while he was a player though I don't remember) even though he only ever bet on his teams to win he was still banned from baseball forever and also banned from the Hall of Fame. You don't think that Terry would be facing the wall in spite of his playing for one of the big 4?

baylorblue said:
Ricster said:

Do you really think so? The best parallel I can draw in American sports is Pete Rose. He was a superstar baseball player, arguably the best hitter ever but because he gambled while he was a manager (and I think some while he was a player though I don't remember) even though he only ever bet on his teams to win he was still banned from baseball forever and also banned from the Hall of Fame. You don't think that Terry would be facing the wall in spite of his playing for one of the big 4?

Not sure if you remember Paul Merson. I believe way back in the mid 90's he was given a 3month rehab order before he could play again. The system in the UK is a joke.

Another example was Rugby League a couple of years back and Sean Long and Martin Gleeson were both banned for 3 and 4 months for betting against there own team at the time St Helens.

But then you have Ed Giddens a former England fast bowler who was caught up in a betting scandal. He was given a 5 year ban from cricket which basically ended his career.

Also Mark Clattenburg, prem referee, was deemed to have betting irregularities that couldn't be explained last year. He got his suspension over turned by appeal.

As i said, i'll find it hard to believe if Terry gets anything more than a slap on the wrist.

Ricster said:
baylorblue said:

Not sure if you remember Paul Merson. I believe way back in the mid 90's he was given a 3month rehab order before he could play again. The system in the UK is a joke.

Another example was Rugby League a couple of years back and Sean Long and Martin Gleeson were both banned for 3 and 4 months for betting against there own team at the time St Helens.

But then you have Ed Giddens a former England fast bowler who was caught up in a betting scandal. He was given a 5 year ban from cricket which basically ended his career.

Also Mark Clattenburg, prem referee, was deemed to have betting irregularities that couldn't be explained last year. He got his suspension over turned by appeal.

As i said, i'll find it hard to believe if Terry gets anything more than a slap on the wrist.

Well you certainly have a number of examples to support your notion. I think that's quite a depressing commentary though. Even when betting on your own team, gambling by sports figures is reprehensible because it calls into question the sanctity of the game. My opinion may be colored by my own interest in a career in sports and my belief that sports should try to be as transparent and pure as possible, although it's becoming an increasingly difficult position to maintain.

mat said:
nimrod said:
all this is pissing me off, the scum are gonna win the prem again, I can feel it :-((((

Of course they will, it's in the national interest.

And this ties in quite pertinently with Gordon Brown doing jack shit about getting Big Mac a work permit when begged by the Kenyan PM. Ferguson and Brown are setting aside Clan rivalries to do us!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.