Lu Martin: Allegedly Guardiola sees City as "small club"

Two things, one, these aren't Pep's words, but the words of his biographer who isn't working with him now anyway.

Secondly, we aren't in Europes elite right now by a long chalk. We won one European competition two generations ago. We may have a bit of cash right now but until we start dominating or getting to the odd CL final we will continue to be "second tier" in terms of elite clubs.

100% agree regarding European elite but didn't the interview/article say Premier League rivals. Based on global fan base and shirt sales we might be behind the Rag, Dippers and Chavs but on the pitch we've amassed more Premier League point than all of them over the last 6-7 years.

I think this is one of the problems at our club, there are still people playing and working for us who believe we are 2nd tier and that's holding us back.

Embraced with open arms. The rags are largely irrelevant these days because of England's Villareal. Everything they do, every signing they make is to try and keep pace with England's Villareal. The best coach and some of the best players in the game have chosen to rock up at England's Villareal.

Love it.

100% agree regarding European elite but didn't the interview/article say Premier League rivals. Based on global fan base and shirt sales we might be behind the Rag, Dippers and Chavs but on the pitch we've amassed more Premier League point than all of them over the last 6-7 years.

I think this is one of the problems at our club, there are still people playing and working for us who believe we are 2nd tier and that's holding us back.
The article does but it's not Pep's words that are in the article but a bloke he worked with four years ago.

There's a lot of lads I worked with four years ago and I don't know their opinion on lots of things.

I think whatever Pep said had to be taken out of context because he wouldn't say something that's clearly not true we have won recent league titles, we consistently challenge for the title year on year therefore we are not "second string" and Pep is smart enough to see that. He does seem focused on the Champions League and we haven't won that, we shouldn't be over defensive if something about the Champions League has been taken out of context we are getting better in that competition but we need to be reaching the finals consistently to be taken seriously in it.

The article does but it's not Pep's words that are in the article but a bloke he worked with four years ago.

There's a lot of lads I worked with four years ago and I don't know their opinion on lots of things.

Not disputing that, I'm sure some imbecile will bring it up at the press conference. Hopefully Pep will deadpan it.

Embraced with open arms. The rags are largely irrelevant these days because of England's Villareal. Everything they do, every signing they make is to try and keep pace with England's Villareal. The best coach and some of the best players in the game have chosen to rock up at England's Villareal.

Love it.

I think some of our fans would do well to remember this. The references to them on here are unbelievable at times and it's been ramping up because they have won a few games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.