Lu Martin: Allegedly Guardiola sees City as "small club"

Could have been worse. He could have claimed we were MASSIVE (TM).

Seriously though, we clearly are not as 'big' as a number of clubs, regardless of the metric/s used. apart from finance based ones. We are closer to Villareal than to the likes of Barca and Bayern in a number of ways. However, it doesn't matter. It is all about where we are heading.

I think he meant Villa Aston?

They are now what City used to be.

Anything to have a moan some of our fans. 1. It's gone through a journalist so some will be lost in translation. And 2. Is he far wrong?

We're the fourth biggest club in the North West when you take into account actual fanbases. That's before you even take Arsenal and Spurs into account. But who actually gives a fuck?

I say leave the fella be and let him work on his project, his own fans are gonna push him out the back door at this rate, not the media. We've waited a long time for a manager of this ilk, and people are crying at the first sign of any comments from the media. Leave it be and get behind him and the lads.
Some good points but I don't think Everton have a bigger fan base by any stretch - could even argue that wasn't the case when they were in their pomp and we were absolute shite in the 80's

Some good points but I don't think Everton have a bigger fan base by any stretch - could even argue that wasn't the case when they were in their pomp and we were absolute shite in the 80's

When I was younger I remember ranking clubs on attendance and writing em in my football book! I always had us, Everton and Spurs on a par and the rags, Arsenal and Liverpool at the 3 biggest clubs. It was probably late 70's early 80's though before we got relegated.

I still think we are a rung below those three based on fan base, similar to Spurs and Chelsea and bigger than Everton nowadays although I rate them as fans particularly the numbers they still take away despite little success for many years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.