Lu Martin: Allegedly Guardiola sees City as "small club"

He's right!

There current stadium look's a bit like Maine Road.

And it's currently got just as many empty seats as the Emptyhad. ;-)

image.jpg

Probably taken out of context

Mind you Villareal wouldnt mind 55,000 fans (empty seats if your a deluded Rag) and a billion in the bank

Maybe we should all be singing yellow submarine

More like Atletico Madrid or Espanyol.
Neither of those. Atléti have won 10 league titles and played in four European Cup finals (albeit two in one season).. and Espanyol 0 league titles although they did get to a UEFA Cup final once.

We're in betweeen that level in success.

In terms of support we've only been elite in the 1930s. For the modern era (when footy in TV became a thing) we've always been around the 6th-10th in England.

The only thing we're elite for now is revenue because if we fail to challenge for the title this season that will be three years running we haven't challenged for the title, that's not the sign of a top club. That and the stadium is starting to take shape, and the attendances are good. But still not top club level.

And, while we did have this at one point, we have lost that winning mentality amongst the club and fans. I thought we had it when we were really good defensively but it's disappeared in my eyes. And you can feel that it's not there in the stands as well.

So, IF, Pep did say anything like this, he's not particularly incorrect. We aren't Villarreal, but we aren't Barcelona or Bayern neither.

Starting a whole thread cos some journalist said something .wow. But because he's foreign it must be true.

The OP didn't actually start the thread - it was split from the other Guardiola one because we're trying to avoid "mega threads" where everything is lumped together.

Well his passing seems to work just fine for Chelsea to create enough chances, if i can say much better than Gundogan. Further we would have got him fit unlike someone on injury list - always a huge gamble. A gamble City has to stop playing with and learn some lessons from with experiences with Delph, Kompany and now Gundogan.

Jesus Christ.

You actually think kante is a better passer and better suited to a Guardiola team than Gundogan.

Have you got eyes? Have you ever seen either of them play? Is this just some elaborate wind up?

Don't bother actually I give up. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

To be honest, even if he did say it and mean it as implied, I am not really fussed.

Seems to me that Pep is pretty unhappy with the weight of expectation that he's been lumbered with. He's regarded by many as being the best coach in the world and he comes to City - one of the richest clubs in the world and 2x recent PL title winners and everyone was talking about walking the league and getting to the CL final or winning it. No pressure then!

He's just trying to reign in expectations a bit, and rightly so imho. If we make top 4 and get to say the quarters in the CL, it will have been a solid 1st season. Anything more, is a good season. Next year, we'll expect (and we will get more). But for now, he's only just arrived and is just getting started.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.