Lu Martin: Allegedly Guardiola sees City as "small club"

Do people not understand hat the media in this country are desperate for Pep to fail......his failure is a much bigger story than him succeeding. They have had an agenda since day one and it will continue till he leaves regardless of how successful or not he is. Every story on the MUEN website at the moment is a negative...nothinh positive at all. They are gunning for him and the club trying every trick in the book to destabilise him and us and put him under pressure. They (and the FA?other clubs) fear Pep....they fear he is going to show them what every true football person knows..that the Premier league ISNT the hardest league in the world or the one with the highest quality in it. They re fearful that he will show the english FA exactly why English football is such a poor quality when faced against the teams of Europe and South America (tea int won anything since 66 and we won't get anywhere near for a long time with the state of English football......this has been blamed on the influx of foreign players and managers over the years by the xenophobic media,FA and average English football fan........and Pep is the ultimate one)

The media are scum......they are one of the biggest single problems in western society today and their views firstly need to be ignored and then challenged head on as Pep has started to do...he is showing them up with not only his football knowledge but his general level of intellect and manners....notice he always makes a point of saying good morning/afternoon at the start of every interview/press conference as not one of them even have the politeness to do this.

Even if he did say that, is anyone even the slightest bit bothered, we're a team challenging the order, like Villarreal have done and as many have said here; like Atletico are currently doing. Plus we're a bigger club than Villarreal and everyone knows it. Heck, Atletico would probably feel insulted being compared to us based on honours; 10 La Liga Titles, 10 Copa Del Reys, 1 ECWC, 2 Europa League's and 3 times European Cup/Champions League Runners Up.

Anyway if he did say it, he's probably done it to show just what a challenge it will be and what a feat it will be when we achieve it.

It's time to side with the manager, players and the club, who gives a shit what any journalist says.

Last edited:
Do people not understand hat the media in this country are desperate for Pep to fail......his failure is a much bigger story than him succeeding. They have had an agenda since day one and it will continue till he leaves regardless of how successful or not he is.
It'll continue until he's successful, then they'll just stfu, good luck with that to our media, because the more they go at him, the more success he will want to achieve.

Jesus Christ.

You actually think kante is a better passer and better suited to a Guardiola team than Gundogan.

Have you got eyes? Have you ever seen either of them play? Is this just some elaborate wind up?

Don't bother actually I give up. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Kante would be an asset to ANY team - and it is being proven in front of my eyes second season in a row where team he is in is leading the league by a big margin.

You may think Gundogan in bed is better than him but that is fine - it is a free country, each to his own conclusions.

PEP GUARDIOLA believes Manchester City are a small club in comparison to their Premier League rivals, according to Spanish journalist Lu Martin.

Guardiola's stock has fallen at Manchester City with a string of erratic performances in recent weeks.

They started the season in fine form - winning their first 10 games - but now sit seven points behind table toppers Chelsea.

Guardiola gave a series of tetchy interviews after their 2-1 win over Burnley yesterday, and stunned the world by admitting he is considering retirement.

"I am arriving at the end of my coaching career, of this I am sure," he told NBC.

Martin wrote a book working alongside Guardiola at Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

And the Spanish journalist has sensationally claimed that the Manchester City boss views his current club as on the same sort of level as La Liga side Villarreal.

"At the moment his challenge is Manchester City, who are a team like Villarreal in La Liga, for example, a team which is not one of the top sides," Martin told Spanish radio station Cadena Ser.

"I am not giving my opinion, I am telling you what Guardiola thinks, they are like a second-tier team in the Premier League.

"It is 30 years since Man City have won at Liverpool, for example. He sees it as a personal challenge, to compete against the biggest teams.

"In Spain and in Germany he was competing with a big team -- but in England the big teams are Chelsea, Manchester United, other teams. He has a team which is powerful but not the most powerful."

Martin also believes that the Spanish coach will opt for a job at a national side when he leaves the Etihad Stadium in 2019.

"His comments, that his spell as a coach was coming to an end, was about clubs," the journalist added.

"He would still have national team coach [as a future role], which is what I believe will be his next step. Where he wants to show himself, where he can look for a challenge, and he will take that on."

I always believe journalist who are trying to make a living using their limited talents. Much more reliable than Kaldoon & SM - after all what do they know.

Chill out FFS

Kante would be an asset to ANY team - and it is being proven in front of my eyes second season in a row where team he is in is leading the league by a big margin.

You may think Gundogan in bed is better than him but that is fine - it is a free country, each to his own conclusions.

He's doing well in a counterattacking team. If you've ever watched him play, you'd know he's not great with sustained possession and therefore he'd be shit at the majority of top clubs at Europe.

Statements like "why didn't Txiki buy Kante" are quite possibly the most cancerous, idiotic things on bluemoon, it shows a complete lack of any real thought, just reactionary whinging about players doing well at other teams.

I absolutely guarantee if we had kante and they had Gundogan you'd be saying the exact opposite.

Can bluemoon not get accreditation, get someone to the pressers and ask some sensible , intelligent questions about football .

And put the trough feeders to shame

Well his passing seems to work just fine for Chelsea to create enough chances, if i can say much better than Gundogan. Further we would have got him fit unlike someone on injury list - always a huge gamble. A gamble City has to stop playing with and learn some lessons from with experiences with Delph, Kompany and now Gundogan.

lkay Gündogan has scored three goals this season, creating 12 chances and one assist in 9 appearances. Pass accuracy of 91%.

N'Golo Kanté has scored one goal this season, creating 13 chances and no assists in 18 (twice as many appearances). Pass accurancy of 89%.

Sure, the injury was a gamble, but I struggle to see where Kantés passing or chance creating ability can be detemined to be much better than Gundogans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.