Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

If you look back at my posts... I haven't criticised Txiki personally once in this window.

I never said he was incompetent at his job, again point me to where I've said that?

Do I think we are too late with this one? Yes I do... But it doesn't mean I think our board are incompetent.

I've been telling people for months I'd only want to dip into the transfer market for players that are worth it, otherwise stick with what we have.

If Pep wants Paqueta, fair enough... But it will cost us over 80m and at that point... The realisation will kick in for our board that he isn't worth that and we just won't pay it.

So to summarize, I don't think we will get the player.

How the hell are we late???

I know full well the difference. There's very few West Ham players i would deem World Class - Rice was one of them.
If you were picking a world XI would Rice be in the short list as DM? For me that's a firm no and therefore not world class. does he have the potential to improve in a better side and become world class then yes.

Why are we even being mentioned for this player at such ridiculous price levels? If we need experienced midfield back-up, why not buy Ward-Prowse for under £40 million?

He's going from Southampton to West Ham for a reason.

Because he’s average on a good day. Two half decent free kicks a season and a lot of running about in a relegated team don’t make a £40m player.

Because Ward-Prowse is toilet.

The difference in quality is reflected by the difference in price. No disrespect to Ward-Prowse.

Per 90 PL stats comparison of Ward-Prowse and Paqueta.

IMG-4226.jpg

Looks like this deal could be happening. Wanted him last season so this is great if we can pull it off
Sky, Jacobs and Hirst all saying he's content and West Ham wont sell late. As said, it could be tactics or they just dont want to sell now. Cannot see West ham accepting anything below next summers clause.

Although, Steinberg, whos usually good with London media, says Paqueta is pushing for a move...

If you look back at my posts... I haven't criticised Txiki personally once in this window.

I never said he was incompetent at his job, again point me to where I've said that?

Do I think we are too late with this one? Yes I do... But it doesn't mean I think our board are incompetent.

I've been telling people for months I'd only want to dip into the transfer market for players that are worth it, otherwise stick with what we have.

If Pep wants Paqueta, fair enough... But it will cost us over 80m and at that point... The realisation will kick in for our board that he isn't worth that and we just won't pay it.

So to summarize, I don't think we will get the player.
You haven't literally wrote the words, no. However your posts are implying it.

Why is it too late, weeks left of the transfer window. Too late is when the window is closed.

Right, thats your opinion, what has that got to do with anything being discussed here. Pep and City clearly think otherwise which is why we are putting in bids for players.

There is not a chance on earth that the relevant people sat in a room at the CFG and blindly sent an offer to West Ham without having any indication on prices etc.

How the hell are we late???

Because West Ham have started doing business far too late.

They were preparing to go into the season with Paqueta as one of their main men.

They have already lost Rice, to lose Paqueta on top of that could be too much change.

Looks like they are getting Ward Prowse and Edson Alvarez, but considering the tension already between Moyes and the West Ham board, I doubt they will want to sell Paqueta and further cause issues with manager/board relationship.

They have set a price that they will not sell for less than 85m and even if City match it there is still no guarantees they will accept it... But do you really think City are gonna pay 85m for Paqueta?

They wouldn't even pay that for Gvardiol and wouldn't even pay a full fee higher than 80m for Rice.

Don't see this one happening at all personally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.