Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

You think that they are better centrally , but Pep might differ, it’ll probably be Paqueta KDB and Rodri in midfield. 2 creative players in front of Rodri with Bernardo out wide like he played last season on the right

Then Phil fighting Grealish and Bernardo for the wing spot.

If Peps asked for Paqueta and wants him there’s a reason and he’s probably going to play. In the starting line up.

Akanji was bought and immediately put into the starting line up, the same will probably happen with Paqueta
if we do get this guy and frankly it looks way too much money for me - why? We have in my view a generational talent in Foden. I saw Gazza when he was 15 playing for Newcastle youth and he was mind blowing even then. Phil is the closet I have seen in terms of his balance, dribbling ability and the way he can beat a man. He should not be competing for a wing place, he should be on the team sheet ideally in attacking midfield.
I think Pep has a blind spot towards Phil and it worries me-he has more end product than Grealish and with Saka is the best attacking English player.
So why buy another central midfielder?

Olise, Sane, Veiga, Wirtz. Missed out on Szoboszlai, Maddison, Diaby. All either cheaper/better/more potential.
Olise, isn't he injured?

Sane, no longer have a suitable system and position. We just sent another out and out winger to Saudi, because game time is no longer guaranteed.

Veiga, in what world would you take a non proven, non experienced kid, without the proper phisycal traits, and whom apparently loves to be glued to the ball, over Paqueta? Yes, buy him, loan him, see where he goes from there.

Wirtz? Yeah, i understand, i want him, however he is not ready to move, he's also going to be another Belligham case, but it takes much time, and he is also going to be fought off by Bayern. He literally changed his shirt number, and himself and agent have stated he is not moving this year.

So yeah. Despite the names, no actual solutions to a pretty urgent midfield gap if you ask me.

So our Summer transfer business is now being conducted via speculative phone calls from Barry Silkmans sunbed.

Toe curling. Fucking treble winners and we are getting led round the block by dinosaur chancers like Silkman.

Maybe we should wait to see if Eric ‘Monster Monster’ Hall gives Txiki a bell later in case he knows any other journeymen that are defo interested in joining us.

£70m + for a player that wouldn’t be in anybodys top 25 midfielders in the Premier League and wanted by nobody else is absolute madness.

Totally living up to your username there!

if we do get this guy and frankly it looks way too much money for me - why? We have in my view a generational talent in Foden. I saw Gazza when he was 15 playing for Newcastle youth and he was mind blowing even then. Phil is the closet I have seen in terms of his balance, dribbling ability and the way he can beat a man. He should not be competing for a wing place, he should be on the team sheet ideally in attacking midfield.
I think Pep has a blind spot towards Phil and it worries me-he has more end product than Grealish and with Saka is the best attacking English player.
So why buy another central midfielder?
I completely agree but the sad reality is that Pep may just not see Phil elsewhere except the wing. Let's hope we're wrong about this and if not that the next manager only has plans for Phil behind the striker.

30 mil for a England Centre back that cost Man Utd 88 mill.
yeh mental.
I like reading you're comments on here fella. Sorry but this is taking the piss.

Under no circumstances can you think Harry Maguire is a good signing whether it's £30m or a Free Transfer!

He's absolutely shite. The Rags were stupid enough to pay £80m for him that's their fault same way they paid £100m for Pogba. The high price of player doesn't automatically make you good. Conor Coady, Tyrone Mings and Eric Dier all played for England too. They are also bobbins.

Horrendous signing if West Ham buy him.

We have to trust the club, they generally get it right. Phillips undoubtedly came with Bielsa's blessing - I'm certain Pep will have sounded him out. Similar with Gomez and Kompany. Gomez was one of the standout players at the U21 Euros. He's never a defender, but there is a player there and even if it's not at City, we'll get our money back I'm sure. I'm surprised Kompany hasn't made a move to take him to Burnley.
I fully agree. Both Phillips and Gomez are great footballers, I just don't know if they will make it with us. Also, Kompany made a move for Gomez early in the summer, but Gomez seems determined (just like Kalvin) to stay and fight for his place. He gave a few interviews saying how he wants to prove himself etc. If they end up staying, they will both have my 100% support.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.