Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

If the rumours are true, then WHU are evidently trying it on which is their right. Paqueta was one of those players constantly mentioned as a possibility, alongside Aouar & Guimarães etc.

No one has taken a punt on Aouar, with reports his progress has stalled. However WHU & Newcastle took a punt on Paqueta & Guimarães respectively & both have seemingly worked out, without exactly setting the world alight.

I've gotta admit, I've only seen flashes of what Paqueta is reputedly capable of, but in mitigation he was playing for a struggling relegation threatened team, where PL survival & an unlikely run to a European final were their biggest priorities. It's hardly an environment to showcase your talents.

If Pep & Txiki have seen something in him to make a move, then I'm more than happy to trust their judgement. It'll be interesting to see how he fares in a team surrounded by better players if a deal is eventually made.

He's evidently got skills, so perhaps he needs a team like City to better showcase them, where as being in a team facing a relegation dog fight & managed by pragmatist Moyes, won't have given him many opportunities...

last year i supported the transfer from Lyon..he showed potential at Lyon...at WH he was simply dissapointing (perhaps Moyes fault or overrated/not suited for the PL)...to even pay more than £50m after the last season would be ridiculous

this year we have Bernardo/Kova/KDB/Foden/Palmer/McAtee/ to play in his position...there is no demand to justify the rumoured fee

What irritated me more than anything was his over exuberance in wanting to take ALL free kicks and throw ins ... and that was in his first fucking game for us.He truly was dog-shit.

So the Jury is still out for you then Oakie?

Quite right. Time and time again we fail to pay up and get the quality we need and time and time again it costs us. It would have been the quadruple last season if we'd had been better in the market. Our performance against Arsenal at the weekend showed just how far off the top we're going to be come the end of the season. They've spent £200m after spending big last summer and in January and whilst our big name signing didn't come on, and we drew 1-1 thanks to a late deflected goal from them, the gulf was vast. Why are we panic buying shite like Paqueta when we could go and get someone with proven world class talent like....

...I'll wait.
the best advice i ever received was dont try and fix stupid and im going to follow it here

Your username is brilliantly posed.

If you think you know better, may i remind you, we lost players before. And still won.

In other news, name a RW, and CAM,CM that we can get.
I’ve no idea. But then I’m a supporter and not on Txiki’s wage to have somebody lined up.

What I do know is that ifwe are relying on Barry Silkman calling us to give us ideas them something has gone seriously tits up.

Mahrez and Gundo scored 60 goals in the last 2 seasons. Seems negligent not to addressing that.

I get that. I would personally prefer Wirtz or Barella. Before, I wanted to bring in Szoboszlai. However, I think we should trust the Pep team. They know what's best for us, even if occasionally a signing turns out to be underwhelming (Phillips, Gomez). 99% of the time, they get it right. I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion, though.
This is the right answer, we all have opinions but in the end we should all hold those opinions knowing Pep will be right and ourselves wrong almost every time.

In place of who? Kovacic, Bernardo, Kev are all better than him centrally, Foden too. I dont see the point in begging Bernardo to stay if we only entertain him on the wing. He's too good.

You think that they are better centrally , but Pep might differ, it’ll probably be Paqueta KDB and Rodri in midfield. 2 creative players in front of Rodri with Bernardo out wide like he played last season on the right

Then Phil fighting Grealish and Bernardo for the wing spot.

If Peps asked for Paqueta and wants him there’s a reason and he’s probably going to play. In the starting line up.

Akanji was bought and immediately put into the starting line up, the same will probably happen with Paqueta

Quite right. Time and time again we fail to pay up and get the quality we need and time and time again it costs us. It would have been the quadruple last season if we'd had been better in the market. Our performance against Arsenal at the weekend showed just how far off the top we're going to be come the end of the season. They've spent £200m after spending big last summer and in January and whilst our big name signing didn't come on, and we drew 1-1 thanks to a late deflected goal from them, the gulf was vast. Why are we panic buying shite like Paqueta when we could go and get someone with proven world class talent like....

...I'll wait.
The gulf was vast? What was you watching.

I’ve no idea. But then I’m a supporter and not on Txiki’s wage to have somebody lined up.

What I do know is that ifwe are relying on Barry Silkman calling us to give us ideas them something has gone seriously tits up.

Mahrez and Gundo scored 60 goals in the last 2 seasons. Seems negligent not to addressing that.
If you think we have been relying on Silkman to call us and give us ideas then you’re a very silly boy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.