Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

I would much prefer if you can provide a counter argument

I simply can't because I am blinded by your arguments in the face of the experience of people who are imo better informed and positioned than your good self.

And tbh it would feel like pissing in the wind .............

I haven't read the whole thread, admittedly, so I don't fully know the extent of the viciousness of which you speak. If it is nasty and personal then that should be condemned.

I think most people would like Phillips to go on and be an excellent player for us. The reality, however, is that he has looked so far off the pace when he has played that many just don't see how he can ever be good enough to turn it around. I think people are as much influenced by what Pep hasn't done with him than what he has, ie not played him unless we're three goals up. The fact that he didn't get minutes in Sunday's friendly was taken by many to be a bad sign.

Ultimately I am happy to go with Pep's judgement on the player. If he stays then he should command our unconditional support every time he wears the blue shirt. Given the choice though, I would rather we sold him. I don't think he is the right player for us.

To restate: I don't condone abuse of him personally but people are well within their rights to be forthright in condemning his footballing capabilities.
I'm intrigued to understand how City could value KP so highly. Do we expect every player we buy for millions of pounds to have certain basic skills that can be honed or has the formula for target selection simply misfired?

Three weeks ago, people were flapping we are not spending money.

We are attempting to spend money.

People are flapping on the players we are trying to spend money on.

If we were to transfer Vinicius, Mbappe and whomever world superstar, people would still flap.

Did I say we would bid 80m for Mitoma though?

I said I would, I never said the club would.

If you are trying to compare Paqueta's CV to Mitoma's CV... I wouldn't bother. If you talk to most premier league fans they would say they'd rather have Mitoma in their side than Paqueta.

I value Mitoma higher than Paqueta because I think he's better.
You have spoken individually to “most premier league fans”?! Wow. I tend to be guided by who Pep buys rather than what some pretentious pillock thinks most premier league fans would do

I simply can't because I am blinded by your arguments in the face of the experience of people who are imo better informed and positioned than your good self.

And tbh it would feel like pissing in the wind .............
Let’s close down the forum since there is no room for discussion and there are experts in place? Useless point to make mate. I’m not here making twitter arguments of Txiki out or bring Neymar! It’s trying to have an argument for Gundo given how awful this market is.

if we do get this guy and frankly it looks way too much money for me - why? We have in my view a generational talent in Foden. I saw Gazza when he was 15 playing for Newcastle youth and he was mind blowing even then. Phil is the closet I have seen in terms of his balance, dribbling ability and the way he can beat a man. He should not be competing for a wing place, he should be on the team sheet ideally in attacking midfield.
I think Pep has a blind spot towards Phil and it worries me-he has more end product than Grealish and with Saka is the best attacking English player.
So why buy another central midfielder?

I think what goes against Phil which is ridiculous to say and why he can’t get that place in midfield is his versatility. He can play LW,RW,false 9 and even popped up at left back. He’s so versatile why would you just put him in midfield. He just doesn’t have a nailed down main position in the team. On the weekend Pep brought him on for Grealish I think and he slotted in perfectly.

Even on here there was a lot of we don’t need a winger Phil can play either side. If he could only play midfield I think he would be first name on the team sheet next to kev and we wouldn’t be signing an attacking midfielder.

I like reading you're comments on here fella. Sorry but this is taking the piss.

Under no circumstances can you think Harry Maguire is a good signing whether it's £30m or a Free Transfer!

He's absolutely shite. The Rags were stupid enough to pay £80m for him that's their fault same way they paid £100m for Pogba. The high price of player doesn't automatically make you good. Conor Coady, Tyrone Mings and Eric Dier all played for England too. They are also bobbins.

Horrendous signing if West Ham buy him.
You don't know ball if you think Harry Maguire isn't an amazing signing for anything less than 50m for a team like West Ham. One of the best center CB's in world football. English.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.