Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Did you hear anybody talking about Paqueta last season?

Did you hear people talking about Mitoma last season?

Mitoma was talked about a lot, not just by pundits, but by opposition fans.

Paqueta was the forgotten man. He was not even spoke about.

I'm not speaking for anyone... It's just common knowledge if you watch and listen to football.

Fair few around me at the ground were talking about him when we played them towards the end of the season. He stood out in their sea of shit but not because he was above average, because it's obvious there's a player in there.

Where are you getting this ceiling from, it is impossible to have accurate information unless you're a scout, with access to data collected and provided by clubs for millions and millions of pounds. Sometimes you guys just chat absolute bullshit.

Mahrez is Mahrez, a unique player, with slower pace but immaculate ball playing ability. He is literally irreplaceble.

In the way we play now, we are clearly opting for control from the wings, since we have a number 9 with lower mobility.

The benefit of playing a false 9 system was added control and numbers around the area in front of the box. We have struggled to fill that gap last season until the 4 CB's system allowed us to bring a partner to Rodri ( and play 3 at the back in attack and 5 at the back in defence) and even then, we needed midfielders with good ball retention, and recylcing to sustain the gaps that we lost. 95% of the games we have more possesion that our adversaries, meaning that a pacey winger is effectively pointless, as there is nowhere for the winger to run in behind.

Paqueta is a good dribbler, has really good ball retention, and has the ability to sustain heavy pressing and counter pressing, added to a fairly decent physique, from what i have seen watching West Ham. This in a team made to hoof ball, and pray for Antonio's 50m sprints to work "this time". Are we watching the actual same sport?

I think he'll be just fine!
I said ceiling because players usually improve after 21. Kovacic is that player with good ball retention, we need goals or assists. 7 goal involvements is dreadful, Moyes or not.

I'm not speaking for anyone... It's just common knowledge if you watch and listen to football.
He was supposed to be our Bernardo replacement.

Our Bernardo is the best in the world at what he does but look at these stats. He quite literally matches Bernie (statistically). Stats are not everything, but there is a reason we looked at him in the past. He is a wonderful player.

Paqueta:
Progressive Passes 6.16
94​
Tackles 2.98
99​
Blocks 1.73
99​
Clearances 1.29
96​
Aerials won 1.45
93​

Last edited:
Says some rando on twitter.

Meanwhile, you have what Gundogan had been saying in his final 2 weeks, what Pep has beem saying, whay Khaldoon has said, and Gundo's own open letter that very much says otherwise. He wanted a new challenge, after winning everything, and that was that.
It’s done and dusted now mate, but he would have stayed in my opinion had we given him what he wanted. But I trust Pep and Txiki to sort it ultimately, even if I’m not intrigued by the names we’re linked to solely based on their price tags, Paqueta imo is no more than a £50-55m player at best. We can aim much higher for this price range

Is this a serious post?

So if a player gets talked about alot by pundits and media ect that means that they are a good player?

Harry Maguire was talked about alot at Leicester.

K.D.B. and Yaya Toure basically got called shit by all of Sky pundits.

I think I'd rather stick to what Pep wants than "watching and listening to football" as in Spitty and Ratboy...Seen as their knowledge of football is out of this world.

He’s a good player, could see that against us. I think many people would prefer a winger and Foden playing more games centrally though.
Yes but reckon Pep would want someone else there given Foden’s injury issues, just to keep him on his toes. More competition and sharing workload. Same as our defence. Foden will undoubtedly play a lot this season, whether it’s the wing or centrally.

He was supposed to be our Bernardo replacement.

Our Bernardo is the best in the world at what he does but look at these stats. He quite literally matches Bernie (statistically). Stats are not everything, but there is a reason we looked at him in the past.

But he came to the premier league and didn't do anything at West Ham.

He wasn't as good as I'd thought he'd be anyway.

I do really like him and think he will be far better at a better side...

But if I'm watching last season, Mitoma's stock is higher than Paqueta's.

I said ceiling because players usually improve after 21. Kovacic is that player with good ball retention, we need goals or assists. 7 goal involvements is dreadful, Moyes or not.
We are talking about a system where midfielders have to arrive in the box, to score.

David Moyes has never played that type of football. His team has been dominated 90% last season. You simply cannot shine in a team like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.