Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Well I obviously do think it's a good signing, that's my honest opinion. Same felt by majority of Hammers fans and those in the game.

unlike others on here, I think that Maguire and/or McTom will be decent signings for West Ham. Probably suit Moyes style and less pressure on them.

Now putting on tin hat and hiding under table :)

It's only an extra character you lazy bastard!!

Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That better mate?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ;-)

Olise is injured until October but that’s perfect to bed him in without throwning him in the deep end. 12 assists in Crystal Palace’s team is nothing to sniff at, they only scored 40 goals.

We sold Mahrez because it was a decent offer. Are you really saying we’ll have 0 proper wingers just because we sold Mahrez?

Veiga got in TOTS and scored 11 goals from CM. Is he better than KDB, Rodri, Silva? No but neither’s Paqueta, so why spend 70mil? Veiga’s got a much higher ceiling than Paqueta. We’re missing Gundogan’s goals & Mahrez’s assists - Paqueta offers neither.
The same Veiga that couldn't get a start for the U21 Spain team...?

So our Summer transfer business is now being conducted via speculative phone calls from Barry Silkmans sunbed.

Toe curling. Fucking treble winners and we are getting led round the block by dinosaur chancers like Silkman.

Maybe we should wait to see if Eric ‘Monster Monster’ Hall gives Txiki a bell later in case he knows any other journeymen that are defo interested in joining us.

£70m + for a player that wouldn’t be in anybodys top 25 midfielders in the Premier League and wanted by nobody else is absolute madness.
We so need you at city board level :)

Olise is injured until October but that’s perfect to bed him in without throwning him in the deep end. 12 assists in Crystal Palace’s team is nothing to sniff at, they only scored 40 goals.

We sold Mahrez because it was a decent offer. Are you really saying we’ll have 0 proper wingers just because we sold Mahrez?

Veiga got in TOTS and scored 11 goals from CM. Is he better than KDB, Rodri, Silva? No but neither’s Paqueta, so why spend 70mil? Veiga’s got a much higher ceiling than Paqueta. We’re missing Gundogan’s goals & Mahrez’s assists - Paqueta offers neither.
Where are you getting this ceiling from, it is impossible to have accurate information unless you're a scout, with access to data collected and provided by clubs for millions and millions of pounds. Sometimes you guys just chat absolute bullshit.

Mahrez is Mahrez, a unique player, with slower pace but immaculate ball playing ability. He is literally irreplaceble.

In the way we play now, we are clearly opting for control from the wings, since we have a number 9 with lower mobility.

The benefit of playing a false 9 system was added control and numbers around the area in front of the box. We have struggled to fill that gap last season until the 4 CB's system allowed us to bring a partner to Rodri ( and play 3 at the back in attack and 5 at the back in defence) and even then, we needed midfielders with good ball retention, and recylcing to sustain the gaps that we lost. 95% of the games we have more possesion that our adversaries, meaning that a pacey winger is effectively pointless, as there is nowhere for the winger to run in behind.

Paqueta is a good dribbler, has really good ball retention, and has the ability to sustain heavy pressing and counter pressing, added to a fairly decent physique, from what i have seen watching West Ham. This in a team made to hoof ball, and pray for Antonio's 50m sprints to work "this time". Are we watching the actual same sport?

I think he'll be just fine!

Let’s close down the forum since there is no room for discussion and there are experts in place? Useless point to make mate. I’m not here making twitter arguments of Txiki out or bring Neymar! It’s trying to have an argument for Gundo given how awful this market is.

No need to close the forum. I will just pass over your posts .

I'm clearly wasting my time as I don't see much validity in your posts.

last year i supported the transfer from Lyon..he showed potential at Lyon...at WH he was simply dissapointing (perhaps Moyes fault or overrated/not suited for the PL)...to even pay more than £50m after the last season would be ridiculous

this year we have Bernardo/Kova/KDB/Foden/Palmer/McAtee/ to play in his position...there is no demand to justify the rumoured fee
In mitigation, Paqueta was playing in a struggling, relegation threatened team, managed by old school pragmatist Moyes...

I doubt any player outside the world's elite can be fairly judged in those circumstances. Would he have faired the same under Pep? Hopefully we'll see.

He offers less of a risk than 12 months ago, now we've the benefit of assesing him for a season in the PL.

Regardless, we desperately need a replacement for Mahrez. Yes we've got Silva & Foden, but what we gain with them out wide, we lose in the centre.

As for Palmer & Bobb, they're not ready for a season at the apex of world football, in the toughest league. We've been linked with Olisé & Doku, but Paqueta is the more complete & experienced option imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.