Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

This is a deal that could have been done for cheaper and easier if talks had started earlier in the season and also given Pep a pre-season with him.
You might be right, but City might have been on this, waiting, from the start. Like buying someones old car that sits in the garage, just before they go on holiday.

Say they've been talking to people about it for a bit. Now you know, this guy loves to turn down offers. (as WHAM did with Rice - didn't that take ages to get done). They like to haggle. Also, you know, they are looking to do up their kitchen. Say you know a little more; they have a holiday booked for next week. And as you also happen to know the fitters he's talking to - you know they are free to do it whilst he's out of town. (Similair situation, to WHam buying players just before the start of the season.)

If you had bid early, how likely was it you could find an agreement? Your man might have left the car there, waited on the kitchen off. Sat miserably drinking the cheapest crap on holiday. They might even have convinced themselves they wanted to keep it (Even tho, not really). You'd have had no deal. Instead, by timing it, you have a window of opportunity - and they have a deadline. They could use the cash to get it done, and have a good holiday. That is a deal waiting to be done quick, with no drawn out haggling that keeps the price going up.

Surely you can see this does not seem the usual way we do business.

I would put Gvardiol and Kovatic as prime examples.

The fact there is talk of a season out injury sparking this bid, although I have no idea if that is true or not shows that we are acting differently to normal.

This is a deal that could have been done for cheaper and easier if talks had started earlier in the season and also given Pep a pre-season with him.

I would argue both Liverpool signings seem more the way we normally do business for a CM and that possibly we would bave been better going for them. MacAllister especially seems a very good fit for us at a great price.

We are light in the squad and the extra games and longer game time, we have decided to try and get a player on the eve of the season. What has sparked that who knows, I don’t think we have panicked over the late goal but it might have been thought more need to freshen up during the game as the games are a bit longer.

In regards to panic buy I don’t think we do that, I imagine we have the data, scouting reports and due diligence already done. However, I also imagine 1-2 weeks earlier we where not necessarily expecting to bid for him.

You can also add Akanji into this category.

And to answer your q, no not all but some purchases as we get towards the end will be panic buys (replacing players, injury’s etc).

Some not, prime example could be if Kane moves. Bayern may get him late in the window but he was targeted early and it is just the time it takes. Be interesting who Spurs sign and if this is planned or a panic buy.
how do you know we didnt approach west ham weeks ago while talking about Rice and what the out come of talks was
just because ITK's dont say anything doesnt mean it didnt happen
anyway few weks to go of transfer window even longer for saudis

No one actually backing up Santis fee and report is positive in my book... Not even Mr.Theft is on that fee.

Is F Wurtz a similar player and we would only end up with one of them now or even next season?
No idea who is the better option or we could do with both, maybe one now and the other next year.

we paid £100 million for jack grealish which at the time was a massive risk and even now it’s too high but that’s football and since neymar money has gone crazy for players . We might pay £70 mill or maybe alot more but pep wants this signing so that’s good for me and also with us coming in and blasting this transfer through it shows our intent and also shows that we are not resting on our laurels and we are looking for 4 in a row . Signing the best defender in Europe and now looking to sign a top top playmaker is one hell of a window .

We will see
I am comfortable that the board know what they are doing when it comes to transfer negotiations. Constantly demonstrated that we will only pay what we feel is right for us and will walk away if it exceeds what believes represents the value of a player. Numerous examples, and we have given the finger to the likes of Arsenal, Brighton, Leicester etc..

Crazy fee and one City won’t pay based on how we conduct ourselves in the market. If the price does not reflect the players quality walk away. My only hope here is that both clubs seem to have a good relationship and the hammers may want 1/2 of our lads.
It’s the market mate and these transfer fees will become more regular

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.