Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Between all these transfers, and all the madness, i became a father lads. A blue has been born, in the town of Manchester. A little Manc. A little blue moon on the rise.
Great times ahead for you - my 2 grown up lads are both mad City fans and now my 8 year old grandson has joined us . He never has his City shirt off, his bedroom is a shrine to City and he just did his end of year class presentation on City. Happy days Blue, happy days.

Dumb question, is this guy any good? Watched West Ham probabaly no more than 5 times last year and he didnt stand out at all so geniuenly curios. If we pulled out of the Rice deal for that money but are willing to pay close to that for Paqueta, why not just go for Paqueta originally? This one is strange to me but the string pullers are generally on the money

He’s class, really class.

His control and vision is unreal, intricate link up play, seems to get out of really tight spaces with the ball. Probably a luxury player for us in all honesty. Deserves to be playing Champions League for sure.

Be gutted to see him go so soon , especially after Rice sale. But if we’re talking 80+ million then that definitely softens the blow.

Can’t wait for the Etihad stadium announcer singing “Just scored a goal, by Lucas Paqueta” to the We buy any car tune every time he scores at home.

You need better reading comprehension. I didn't say that the club cares about what fans think. Someone wrote "price paid doesn't matter" because the club (not the fans) pay for the player. I said that price paid absolutely does matter because if they overpay for someone, that money is permanently lost and reduces the amount of money available to buy other players in the future. I didn't say that anyone in particular was or wasn't overvalued. I didn't say that the club cares about what fans think. TRANSFER PRICES should matter to the fan (even though they aren't the one paying) unless funding is unlimited.
But who decides if they are "overpaying" you or the club? You have zero idea as to what City can or can't afford or what they consider to be fair market value. Did you even follow the Gvardiol negotiations, and if you did, then wtf are you even talking about?

The next time City are forced to walk away from a transfer or not get involved in a pursuit of a player STRICTLY because as you say, they previously "OVERSPENT" on someone else will be the FIRST. So if and until that happens why should I worry about how they determine their valuations on players?

Can we at least keep it real...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.