Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Yesterday was quiet regarding this deal. Hopefully the clubs are in talks, but will probably be quiet until Monday.

Gonna be interesting to see if Paqueta starts sunday

Yesterday was quiet regarding this deal. Hopefully the clubs are in talks, but will probably be quiet until Monday.

Gonna be interesting to see if Paqueta starts sunday
I do t see why he wouldn’t, he’s still their player at the end of the day. The only way he misses it is if a deals agreed and we are expecting him for a medical.

I do t see why he wouldn’t, he’s still their player at the end of the day. The only way he misses it is if a deals agreed and we are expecting him for a medical.
As said by Tolmie, head has been turned and he wants the move. If you trust tolmie further, he's apparently a bit mad even that West Ham hasn't made the contact easy. And by the look of the latest news, its active negotiations.

There's also been rumors that he is gonna sit out on Sunday.

Time will tell.

I never really understand if people are sincere in saying “Oh I don’t carewhat City pay, doesn’t concern me.”
I don’t own any of the players, even as employees. I don’t own the stadium. Hell, I don’t even own the seat I sit in. It’s lent to me, temporarily, and I can be ejected from it. Temporarily. Or indeed permanently.
Not one penny we pay for player x,y or z comes directly out of my bank account. I’ve noticed that. Which is just as well, because four days ago my wallet was stolen by a pickpocket, they somehow had the number for my bank card, and they cleaned out what was left in my current account within eight minutes flat. Anyway, let that go, as being entirely beside the point.

I own it all. In my heart, I own it all. Everything that Manchester City Football Club decides, all aspects of its policies, concerns me. That includes — especially includes — transfer fees. I do not like to see my club being taken for a ride. It doesn’t happen often now, but it does occasionally. We’ve all got our idea of what the market is — we see players being bought, we see players being sold, every transfer window — we form a judgement which we believe to be approximately correct. Yes, I care very much what City pay out for a given player. I intensely dislike seeing my club being taken for what would be, in my judgement (right or wrong), a ride.
By the way, contrary to appearances, Pep is not God. He works within a structure, powerful as he is. He knows that. City is a business, working within constraints. He knows that too. I’m certain he does not just march to Khaldoon, to the sheik, or even to Txiki, and say “I need that player, get him at any price.” He’s got far too much respect for them, for the club, for that.
If the player seems to be available, and amenable to a move, and the other club is not completely hostile, that’s when the process of negotiations starts.
All these things are thunderingly obvious. But they seem to need repeating, sometimes.
I think the City problem is Peps success in seeing potential in buying then improving what the selling club has not realised.

Now it is case of other clubs thinking if City want him he is worth top dollar.

We paid £100m for Jack Grealish. Liverpool are about to pay £110m for Moises Caicedo. They paid god knows how much for Natural Selection Nunez up front. We're four years down the line from £80m Maguire and seven years on from £90m Pogba.

I could not give a single shit how much Paqueta costs.
Bear in mind too that Caicedo was only circa £4.5mil just two years ago, whereas Paqueta was around £50mil this time last year.

If we can get it done for £80mil it’s good business.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.