Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

I think we need to close this transfer quick, injuries seem to happen a lot this season, I see the news already long term injuires to quite a few players outside site (Militao, Courtois, Mings, Nkunku etc), we have KDB out for possibly 4-6 weeks and even if its better than that he comes back within 3 weeks we know he can easily break down again without a fault against him in his 3rd game back. gonna be an ongoing situation where he needs to be managed carefully. stop-start season for him imo...

but can see WHU pricing him out of a move, but this is now imo bit better as players is desperate to join, can see why as WHU aint fighting for anything this season, while likes of Bellingham, rice were not adamant to join imo.

best would be to include Phillips that would drive the price down by 35-40m, and adding Palmer on loan as a sweetener would work for sure but Phillips seems to be adamant to prove himself here.
Palmer could go permanently, I dont think he is gonna play much especially if Doku is signed.

80m bid and maybe 35m coming our way for Palmer is something I can see happening.
if WHU wants something like 95-105m I can see Txiki walking away. and drop a bit more than that onto Barella or de Jong on 31st of August. :)

I admire your optimism, but I strongly doubt Phillips is ready to give up on his City dream. I don’t think we have a club have given up on him either, but he has a lot to do and with more players potentially playing his position, game time will be harder unless there is significant improvement.

I don’t doubt the club would stand in his way (would probably be happy) if he was wanting to move for more game time in a year with the Euro’s at the end.

Barella or De Jong are not transfer deadline day deals, I would argue they are ones that conversations would have had to have started by now and I actually doubt either are wanting to move this season.

We are stuck on Paqueta, I think. However West Ham seem to be happy to come to the table and the player seems very set on the move. So it is in both sides best interests to get a deal done.

I think 80-85 would do it and whilst is on the expensive side, it’s not completely unreasonable such as if they started asking 9 figures.

Palmer on loan could make sense or a sale with a buy back, sell on fee etc.

I do fully agree for City and West Ham it makes sense to get this deal done quickly. I would imagine sometime next week it will all be done (possibly would have been this week if not for the Super Cup).

You’re wrong in your understanding of human interaction, how businesses should operate and just in general but you also don’t want to see the error.
I cannot help a willingly blind person to see.
You're not exactly convincing me with any particular argument here. Just stating "you're wrong" isn't going to change my mind. You just seem intent on calling me "mental" and "blind", which is your prerogative, but it doesn't really act as a substitute for a robust argument.

I think you need to disclose that you have inside information about how the conversations between City and Spurs were conducted. I was not privy to the conversations, so if you have evidence then I will need you to share it with me. This will go some way to changing my mind. Can you please confirm that you know the specific nature and detail of what was said between the clubs?

You state that you "cannot help a willingly blind person to see", but you're not exactly trying. Merely saying that I am "wrong in your understanding of human interaction, how businesses should operate" is giving me precious little with which to work. I might actually be willing to change my mind if you can offer evidence that Spurs acted unprofessionally. I'm equally confused as to why your argument has shifted from one of unreasonableness to one of professional impropriety on the part of Spurs. I have no evidence to demonstrate that Spurs were anything other than brief, polite and to the point.

I'm all for posters on here having opinions as to the price we should pay for a player. I just wish they would give a more insightful reason as to why they reach said opinion.

Sorry but "he's not worth it" doesn't really answer it.

For me a player is worth what the club wants to and can pay for a player.

There's many a club would love to have Paqueta but truth is they simply cant afford him.

in this market 90m, what does 90m buy you, whoever we bought would be a stepdown on kev and thats the sad truth, is there really anyone we could buy that would improve us much less for 90m
We’ve consistently found young talent, and brought them on.

Yes they market is ridiculous at the moment, but it doesn’t mean we need to run with it. To be it’s got a sense of a bit of a panic buy about it, which is out of character for city.

Is he really better than Foden could be in that position?

Boehly coming over and superfluously spending absurd amount of money for these players isn’t doing the market any favors. He’s an absolute imbecile.
We have bought so well,

David 24m
Yaya 24m
Sergio 38m
Fern 30m
Vincent 5m
Kdb 54 m
Rodri 60m
Kyle 50m
Ruben 60m
Etc
Etc

And we have been ridiculed for it. For years. Persecuted by the media, prosecuted by the authorities.

Boehly has wasted hundreds of millions, not a murmur.

Arabs, Yanks, racism is the difference

Last edited:
It’s not so much the value for money it’s the risk element for me.

I’d be hoping that £90m would get us a ready made player, ready to step into Kev’s shoes, maybe not at his level yet (how could anyone be!), but proven.

His career seems to be a series of start and stops, he’s done ok at West Ham, but he’s hardly set the world on fire.

When I look at a player we buying I looks at his technical ability ball control pass accuracy mentality if they tick the boxes and with pep he will do a good job for us and be a success..

Yes they market is ridiculous at the moment, but it doesn’t mean we need to run with it. To be it’s got a sense of a bit of a panic buy about it, which is out of character for city.

honestly i dont know, i really want see foden there but for whatever reason pep just doesnt seem to trust him there and refuses to play him.

I think the idea about a panic buy may be somewhat of a misnomer, realistically you could say that akanji was a panic buy but more likely is that an opportunity arose and we jumped at it

Everyone saying how he will improve under Pep's training, at the money being thrown about I would like to think he will be playing soon not needing to improve - certainly don't want to wait until next season to see a decent player.
How long you been watching City

It’s not so much the value for money it’s the risk element for me.

I’d be hoping that £90m would get us a ready made player, ready to step into Kev’s shoes, maybe not at his level yet (how could anyone be!), but proven.

His career seems to be a series of start and stops, he’s done ok at West Ham, but he’s hardly set the world on fire.
Paqueta isn’t the long term KDB replacement, or even short term, he’s the Gundogan replacement.

Heard anything on Doku mate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.