Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

You’ve clearly cut off a key part of my previous comment to lose context and suit your own agenda.

I responded to a comment made my @Plain Speaking in reference to Brightons scouting, buy saying that the lions share of our transfer business has been to invest in younger players, well scouted, who have the potential to step up to much higher levels.

I’ve never once even suggested that we haven’t scouted Paqueta

Heres the whole comment I replied to.

Exactly. With the exception of Mahrez, Gundo and Grealish before this season (I may have missed one or two), the lions share of our transfer business has been to invest in younger players, well scouted, who have the potential to step up to much higher levels

If you agree that Paqueta has been well scouted and has potential then why do you care about the fee?

Why did you write all that bollocks about "PL proven" when most of our big transfers haven't been?

Why try to convince everyone he's a panic signing when we've all known the club was scouting him for the past 2 years becuase this thread is testament to it?

Perhaps you should admit you don't like Paqueta or haven't actually seen much of him at all instead of trying to come up with all these really crap justifications that fall apart as soon as someone looks at them. That's completely fine. Everyone has players they don't like or wouldn't want the club to buy, you don't need to come up with poor justifications for it.

Bump.
bump-size-1579879220.jpg

No one signs on less than 1000 Bluemoon pages. Get bumping blues!!!

Last edited:
Valverde, Barella, Wirtz, Griezmann, McAllister...not to mention Rice or Bellingham and I am not even mentioning Musiala, Camavinga, Kimmich, Pedri, De Jong...because they are impossible to get. Even Ugarte, Szolozbai, Zielinski, Bonavento are of similar level.

I am sure Paqueta will be a success in our team because his style is really good for us. For 90m, I expect more than what he offers now though.

I am certain that all the praise he is getting here would be pure mockery if Liverpool or United were trying to sign him for 90m.

I am still happy to sign him, but it's not a great transfer fee we are doing.
Valverde has said he wants to stay at Madrid and would like to become their captain
Milan was quoting 120 million for Barella, and I haven't seen any evidence he wants to leave.
Kimmich said he doesn't intend to leave Bayern at a preseason press conference
Wirtz reportedly wants to spend more time with his current club before moving. He feels he needs to develop more. He is a guy we might go after next year.

Guys like Boehly stoked inflation in the transfer market and there isn't much we can 'do about it. We have to pay market rate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.