Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Well City Warrior answered your question better than i could, and while i do not agree with all his names i agree with the sentiment,McAllister and Maddison both went for half the price, one the best player for me at the world cup, the other an English player, we never even looked, the Paqueta deal reeks of desperation probably due to being gazumped by Real, i would love Paqueta but he is not good in the position we need. That position is backup to Rodri which our scouting fucked up with the signing of Phillips .
Mate, both Dog & Magrez have departed & Paqueta can cover both positions & then some.

He's also been playing double pivot at WHU too... \0/

Right now the only replacement for me would be frankie de jong. We need somebody to perform straight away & with real class. I’m not sure who else really could fill kevs boots.
Kev is kev… nobody can fill his boots.
For me this is done and agreed, no way pep reveals the KDB injury length in a presser knowing WH are still in transfer negotiations, would add another 10 mil to the price.
while I agree he’d probably not announce it, West Ham wouldn’t add money on. A deal is already being negotiated at a price already outlined. The only way a fee would have gone up is if we hadn’t approached them yet about the player. West Ham are not daft and wouldn’t piss about like that knowing business could be done down the line, especially if they like some of our youngsters.

It’s unfortunately the time to appreciate KDB is going to need wrapped in cotton wool a lot more and be prepared for it in advance? It’s likely he will miss the world club challenge thing in Saudi in December and the hectic Christmas schedule as well so if an opportunity arises ie for Wirtz we should take it imo.

At his age, if Kev’s hamstring is fucked, he won’t ever be the same player.

We’d have been planning to phase someone else in over next couple of seasons but this, if a proper hamstring injury, will accelerate this process.

Makes so much sense. Laporte is 29 now. Move to London to a good club. You scratch my back and we will scratch yours etc..

Keeps the money coming in to offset the Paqueta fee. All for this. Only issue is Laporte might not want to remain in the uk. Might not have a choice tho…

Tricky decision for him.

Agreed and that’s where I expect Pep to continue evolving with his tactics.
I think that hoping for a direct KDB replacement may be futile.
Opportunity or threat ?
Definitely an opportunity to evolve over time

If his injury record was perfect there's potential of us sleep walking into his eventual retirement, or him just falling off a cliff

These last couple of seasons have seen us have to adapt, with a view to eventually finding a new formula without him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.