Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Too much of a can of worms with the Webster ruling for me. I don't think Felix is worth the hassle.

City ain’t throwing money about. We are looking for value in a volatile market.

Overpaying is not us. No wonder it dragging.

Use academy and wait it out? Not ideal but you can’t have it both ways…not wanting to overspend while leaving us with a small squad?

Something got to give…

Still need an extra body or two. Whether we are going to throw money at Paqueta (although it isn't a completely ridiculous valuation) is another matter.

Last edited:
I wanted Paqueta but £90mil is an absolute joke even with todays prices

He was 'ok' for West Ham, but struggled with the package of the league and his offensive stats dropped off a cliff compared to his performance in Ligue 1

They spent £50mil on him and he's arguably regressed if anything, £90mil made no sense

I would say though, a WH mate of mine said thay KUMB is a pony website, wouldn't be believing what people on there are saying even if they are ITK
It's indeed a joke but after tonight I'd be lying if I said I didn't think we needed him.

People saying a player cannot terminate his contract are just wrong. I am sure I read somewhere about it being possible if they had signed at a certain age or where over a certain age there are other reasons like sanctions in Russia or threats from home fans. I think a player can also buy the contract up get the money off the club they move to isn’t that what technically happened with Neymar or Mbappe. Must be a way of him sorting the situation out clearly big fall out with boss might not play him don’t look like loaning him again and don’t seem to want to sell at acceptable price
He can buy himself out of it, that’s the point of a buyout clause

Use academy and wait it out? Not ideal but you can’t have it both ways…not wanting to overspend while leaving us with a small squad?

Something got to give…

I don’t think we will find value making approaches when the season has started.

I agree on a way with West Ham that we should put up or shut up.

I don’t think there being massively unrealistic asking for the value of the release clause.

Whether he is worth it, I’m unsure but if he’s good enough to play for us and be a success, whether he is brought for 75 or 85 I’m not sure it makes a huge difference.

TBF, I think we will get it done for maybe around £80 with add on’s taking to around £85 possibly more if very successful. I think the players head is turned and West Ham do seem to accept that.

If we’re after value this late in the market, I would suggest we are down to players with release clauses or a year left on their contract. Anyone with 2 years left or more and no release clause, people will want a premium this late in the market.

Something got to give…
"volatile market"

This is the key point right here. City have to be very careful here with the recent inflation we have seen in the midfield market. We don't want to pay 90 for Paqueta and then watch the market crash next window with Boehly out of it. Txiki is navigating in tricky waters.

"volatile market"

This is the key point right here. City have to be very careful here with the recent inflation we have seen in the midfield market. We don't want to pay 90 for Paqueta and then watch the market crash next window with Boehly out of it. Txiki is navigating in tricky waters.

Don't think the market is going to crash, someone is going to go for 150 to 200 million next summer, the market is ridiculous. Release clauses will now become a huge thing in contracts.

Don't think the market is going to crash, someone is going to go for 150 to 200 million next summer, the market is ridiculous. Release clauses will now become a huge thing in contracts.
You very well could be right. It is possible the recent prices we have seen is the new normal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.