Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

No matter who we go for now, we’re going to get rinsed one way or another. Loads of transfer Money to spend, and Kev out for 3-4 months. Any selling club will be looking forward to dealing with us.

Always have confidence in the club but the truth is so far, our window has not been befitting of us at all. 2 main targets we refuse to pay for (that’s alright), now Paqueta (Also alright if Ham supposedly tried to extort us), all suggest we didn’t plan diligently enough as we usually do. I don’t care what anyone says, giving Gundo THAT much time to decide only for him to leave was terrible from us. He dallied for weeks and that should’ve been taken as a sign, and we lost out on a production machine in Maddison who will have a great season for Spurs. We still have a couple weeks but we can’t pretend this window has been a good one
Losing out on Madison suggests we'd have gone in for him. There's no evidence we were ever interested and, considering we knew Gundogan, Bernardo and Mahrez were considering their future, if we thought he was the right player, surely we'd have got him in regardless of outgoings?

City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Rags, Scousers didn't go in for him. Maybe we all lost out to perennial winners Spurs. Or maybe we all decided he wasn't quite at the right level.

No matter who we go for now, we’re going to get rinsed one way or another. Loads of transfer Money to spend, and Kev out for 3-4 months. Any selling club will be looking forward to dealing with us.
We better make sure we get rinsed for the right sort of player, then. Florian Wirtz or Nico Barella, step forward ;).

I’m sorry but this is simply not true. He’s been doing wonders for a poor team in Leicester for a while now, and assisted twice against Brentford for a Kane-less Spurs. He would ABSOLUTELY have been exceptional at City and it is very poor business from us not signing him, just like us ignoring Enzo for 18 mil when we went for Alvarez

All fine and well sticking out at Leicester City or a Spurs side, neither of which will come up against completely packed defensive set ups to the extent which we do. Madison will suit a particular style, imo that's not ours.

Always have confidence in the club but the truth is so far, our window has not been befitting of us at all. 2 main targets we refuse to pay for (that’s alright), now Paqueta (Also alright if Ham supposedly tried to extort us), all suggest we didn’t plan diligently enough as we usually do. I don’t care what anyone says, giving Gundo THAT much time to decide only for him to leave was terrible from us. He dallied for weeks and that should’ve been taken as a sign, and we lost out on a production machine in Maddison who will have a great season for Spurs. We still have a couple weeks but we can’t pretend this window has been a good one
It's been a shite window. You will be labelled a flapper for having the temerity to suggest so.

But the question is this; is the squad stronger or weaker than last season? If you're answering stronger or the same then your head is buried in a Sahara's worth of sand. We shouldn't be looking at a weaker squad after the season we've just had.

Edit: Our best midfielder is now missing for half the season, which should have expedited the Paqueta signing, not stopped it dead in its track

Considering we chose to play a full session without a recognised striker rather than pay over the odds for Kane, I'm not sure there's any evidence we'll get rinsed or that clubs will feel they can try.

All that will happen is they are left with unhappy players who'll feel their salaries don't match what they're apparently worth.

As I said perhaps those at City don't share your opinion.

I accept that. I'm just pointing out that this forum is a place for fans to express their own opinions.

Personally, I'd rather see Maddison at City than Paqueta or Doku.

Let face it; prior to Pep's / Txiki's reported interest, neither would have been considered 'good enough' for City by the vast majority of BM posters.

The simple fact is that if Pep came out tonight and said that shit was tasty, half the sycophants on here would be eating it for breakfast tomorrow.

You say that but we walk away from deals after giving our valuation so can't see us getting rinsed, they either sell at the price we say is fair and not taking the piss or walk away, clubs knows this as West Ham do, up to them now.

Currently, we are one over the limit. That is not naive. That is fact. Not including Foden and Palmer btw.

I've literally just showed you the table.

We have room for 1 more and another 2 if Cancelo and Laporte leave.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.