Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Laporte is going. Cancelo is going.

Somebody on here posted a chart where it showed we had 3 foreign spots left in the squad with these two gone.

If you think we have no places left with the size of the squad we have... You are being very naive.

Currently, we are one over the limit. That is not naive. That is fact. Not including Foden and Palmer btw.

Always have confidence in the club but the truth is so far, our window has not been befitting of us at all. 2 main targets we refuse to pay for (that’s alright), now Paqueta (Also alright if Ham supposedly tried to extort us), all suggest we didn’t plan diligently enough as we usually do. I don’t care what anyone says, giving Gundo THAT much time to decide only for him to leave was terrible from us. He dallied for weeks and that should’ve been taken as a sign, and we lost out on a production machine in Maddison who will have a great season for Spurs. We still have a couple weeks but we can’t pretend this window has been a good one

I’m sorry but this is simply not true. He’s been doing wonders for a poor team in Leicester for a while now, and assisted twice against Brentford for a Kane-less Spurs. He would ABSOLUTELY have been exceptional at City and it is very poor business from us not signing him, just like us ignoring Enzo for 18 mil when we went for Alvarez
Perhaps we asked the question and he didn’t want to come and compete
Against the likes of KDB Bernardo and Foden for a spot
Who knows I’m not sure how you can call it poor business when you’re not in possession of any or all of the facts

Perhaps we asked the question and he didn’t want to come and compete
Against the likes of KDB Bernardo and Foden for a spot
Who knows I’m not sure how you can call it poor business when you’re not in possession of any or all of the facts
Nah he’s very self confident and has been backing himself for a huge move for a little while. Combine that with the effusive praise he always give City and he would have been here in a heartbeat

They have £105 from rice plus any of their own money they I doubt they need the £85m from us now they don’t need to replace a star player
They are still going to be stuck with a unhappy player and the way they are spending the Rice money won't last for ever.
I wouldn't mind if he was that good IMO BUT 85 MILLION ?.
Plush palmer get fukin real WH

I think (obviously only guessing) the only way this could be happening is if Paqueta would be furious over the deal collapsing and as a result would try to force a move. So far nothing indicates thats the case, so think this one is over.
Yes. He is not that kind of a player. Acting very professional.
I don’t mind we sign no further players until January.

Here's the table by the way...

Can clearly see Laporte and Cancelo can be replaced by Paqueta and Doku.

We still have 1 spot available even if this happened.

We will probably have 2 spots available because Perrone is going out on loan.

If Cancelo, Perrone and Laporte leave and we buy nobody, we will have 13 of an available 17 foreign spots filled.

We are clearly short in numbers. If you don't think so then we will just have to disagree with eachother on this one.

I was going to respond, till I saw you have no understanding of what the make-up of a champions league squad is and what foreign slots are. Which, btw, has been explained here almost as many times as people have been called flappers.

You also seem to apply the concept of future business very loosely, and when it suits. Laporte and Cancelo are no more leaving than Pequeta and Doku are coming. Yet you are comfortable one will happen, but panicking about the other.

Would be happy to disagree, as we do on other opinions. But your numbers (not the table, so much) are categorically wrong. It can't be a squad short on numbers, if it is full.

Last edited:
I’m sorry but this is simply not true. He’s been doing wonders for a poor team in Leicester for a while now, and assisted twice against Brentford for a Kane-less Spurs. He would ABSOLUTELY have been exceptional at City and it is very poor business from us not signing him, just like us ignoring Enzo for 18 mil when we went for Alvarez

Are you are saying that you know more about Maddison and his abilities than the City management then ?

Genuine question as your post is so full of positive conviction, rather than simply being an opinion, that you must be a professional with genuine experience regarding players.

Always have confidence in the club but the truth is so far, our window has not been befitting of us at all. 2 main targets we refuse to pay for (that’s alright), now Paqueta (Also alright if Ham supposedly tried to extort us), all suggest we didn’t plan diligently enough as we usually do. I don’t care what anyone says, giving Gundo THAT much time to decide only for him to leave was terrible from us. He dallied for weeks and that should’ve been taken as a sign, and we lost out on a production machine in Maddison who will have a great season for Spurs. We still have a couple weeks but we can’t pretend this window has been a good one
Gundy was a free agent who had nothing else to prove here and we have signed two players already , need two more in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.