Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Didn't see it say they turned anything down. Just that they 'expect' it to be turned down (if indeed there has been a bid).

I'm sure if it is fishing, there will be claims by Uk journalists denying a bid etc.

It's all speculation for me all from there camp be shocked if we even interested in him and if we were Txiki won't be starting with 70m it be 40m

Very interesting one, this. I absolutely loved him at Lyon. A joy to watch. Easily one of the most technically gifted players in Ligue 1 back then. Really good at getting out of tight spaces or holding onto the ball when there's 2/3 players surrounding him.

He's obviously been used very differently under Moyes. Not had the same freedoms, made to do more dirty work, hasn't really been allowed to shine as much offensively. But, to be fair, he's still done well. Had a decent season, reasonable goals and assists, and impressive defensive stats for a guy who mainly focuses on moving the play forward and making chances.

He's a great all-rounder, very adaptable and versatile, could easily play defensive mid, attacking mid, winger on either side, false 9 if ever we needed. Perfect Pep player, really. Can absolutely see why we're interested and I think he'd really be able to show what he can do playing alongside a much higher class of player and being able to feed Haaland instead of Antonio.

As a couple of others have said, I think if we had him and Mitoma, we suddenly look a hell of a lot stronger and much more creative going forward. But even just Paqueta would give us a lovely additional ace up the sleeve.

Unless the player kicks up a fuss I don’t see how we get this done. Reports West Ham want to keep him and have rejected our £70 mil offer. Knowing the way we operate I expect we will walk away.

Not sure why we waited so late in the market to move, mahrez has been gone for a while and from West Ham’s perspective paqueta would be almost impossible to replace at this stage. Just don’t see a world where West Ham sell their two best players, they surely don’t need the money.

Strange move from city imo, seems very reactionary and Impulsive

I recall us being heavily linked before he completed his move to West Ham.

If reports are true, hopefully it’s Paqueta and Mitoma. Not one or the other.
Surely, we would need to involve at least one plyer to make it a player+money deal. Otherwise, we are looking at 150m spending...

Don’t think Laporte would go West Ham. He’s way too good for them

Initially id have said the same,but the offers don't appear to be falling at his feet,and at 29 with not much football behind him last season......he needs to play regular football.

Philips and Palmer are others that may interest,but would take equally convincing.

Wouldn’t be surprised if there is a release clause for CL clubs, he was a high profile
Signing for West Ham and will have viewed the move there as a stepping stone

his stats are under what I'd like for a new player but the huge red flag is he plays under David Moyes and behind West Ham's attack which with the exception of Bowen is poor in my opinion. He does look versatile and gets stuck in from his defensive stats but pass completion needs improving for us, should have better options in our team.

one thing I love about football is how people see the same game differently, happens with our team and happens watching other players. I can't think of a West Ham game I've watched and I've though that Paqueta looks class but it doesn't mean I'm right, maybe I look for attacking mids to do different things.

some on here have watched their games and think he stands out, Pep and the scouting system must like him so as per my comments on Kovacic I trust the process and see what happens. Wouldn't be the first player we have signed that I didn't rate and happy to be proven wrong as it mean we do well as a team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.