Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Can surely be the only explanation as he was risking a lot more than he was likely to win.

Could also argue that the betting companies make players vulnerable to blackmail/threats/extortion by offering markets on stupid stuff like that. Especially considering that a lot of players come from countries where kidnapping and gang activity are more commonplace.

Football has been bent as a nine bob note since day one of it's existence. The game has been built on 'brown envelopes' since the day brown envelopes were invented.

It's all a matter of scale.

If I were trying to keep my corruption hidden I’d probably mix up the colour of envelope.

Everyone’s looking out for brown ones but nobody would suspect a green envelope or maybe one of those yellow DHL ones.

Could also argue that the betting companies make players vulnerable to blackmail/threats/extortion by offering markets on stupid stuff like that. Especially considering that a lot of players come from countries where kidnapping and gang activity are more commonplace.
Yeah will never shed a tear for any bookie

How
Talking about him on SSN like he’s a city player! No mention of West Ham. Twats
How long before someone mentions the match-fixing scandal of 1915, involving a game in which the former City player Billy Meredith played? How much truth do you want or need for the chosen narrative?

If I were trying to keep my corruption hidden I’d probably mix up the colour of envelope.

Everyone’s looking out for brown ones but nobody would suspect a green envelope or maybe one of those yellow DHL ones.

What about a cereal box? You could fit more money in and people would just think that the recipient loved Frosties!

Football has been bent as a nine bob note since day one of it's existence. The game has been built on 'brown envelopes' since the day brown envelopes were invented.

It's all a matter of scale.

Presumably due diligence for football takes this into account?
Or maybe it is still so corrupt that any 100 million pound player deal search excludes a player's potential to break PL betting rules?

That's a very valid point tbh. Imagine the mafia placing huge bets on a player getting a red/yellow card for instance,
that's an offer said player couldn't refuse...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.