Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Presumably due diligence for football takes this into account?
Or maybe it is still so corrupt that any 100 million pound player deal search excludes a player's potential to break PL betting rules?

Every player has the 'potential' to break PL betting rules. It's absolutely impossible to predict whether or not a player will break the rules in the future, and near impossible for the buying club to identify whether or not they have in the past.

As it may relate to a match played in March 2023, it is likely that enquiries raised in the Paqueta case will have taken some time. As such, the information now available almost certainly involves (very) recently identified evidence that has, quite rightly, been brought to the attention of all parties.

It's the tip of a huge iceberg. Of course, there are honest players. However, it would be incredibly naive to think that no current City players (or none of those from any club) are breaching betting rules on a regular basis.

Gambling is an addiction. Sportsmen/women aren't exempt.

They are.

There was a lad I went to school with got into betting on horses. The bookies knew he was underage, but turned a blind eye to him putting a couple of small bets a week on. He won a few quid early on, and he got hooked.

Last I heard of him he'd done time inside for fraud and theft and was on the bones of his arse.
You can’t do that now, I was drinking in the pubs when I was 16 and buying cigarettes, I also knew a lad who would get his wages in a brown envelope on a Friday and buy the end of it he was pissed and had put most of it in the fruit machines, so the temptation is everywhere, but I didn’t end up in prison.

And it still looks like a circumstantial case to me. All I've read is the accounts were on Paqueta island. There's 4000 people live there. Plus, IP addresses and associated locations mean very little. It might trigger an investiagation, but the bar for - possibly - banning someone for a decade would be quite high. We'll see.

I don't think this is totally dead, if he's found not guilty then it could be back on
How long is that going to take, though? Surely, it's too late to determine his innocence before the transfer window shuts?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.