Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Every player has the 'potential' to break PL betting rules. It's absolutely impossible to predict whether or not a player will break the rules in the future, and near impossible for the buying club to identify whether or not they have in the past.

As it may relate to a match played in March 2023, it is likely that enquiries raised in the Paqueta case will have taken some time. As such, the information now available almost certainly involves (very) recently identified evidence that has, quite rightly, been brought to the attention of all parties.

It's the tip of a huge iceberg. Of course, there are honest players. However, it would be incredibly naive to think that no current City players (or none of those from any club) are breaching betting rules on a regular basis.

Gambling is an addiction. Sportsmen/women aren't exempt.
This case allegedly involves fraud rather than gambling a bit of a difference I think.

Your staying this when you have no reason to. You could have easily made your point regarding Paqueta without reference to Phillips.

I'm just pointing out that we clearly need another midfield signing because Pep won't be using Kalvin Phillips.

Don't blame me, blame Pep for not playing him and giving him a chance.

I'm done debating this, you could simply have left it with "we need another midfielder" which btw, we all know

Fair enough... I was just making a point that Pep doesn't trust and value him enough to start him so we are a midfielder short anyway because of this.

How long is that going to take, though? Surely, it's too late to determine his innocence before the transfer window shuts?
The only way it could be finished quickly is if he pleads guilty and takes his medicine. If he fights this it will go on for weeks or months. I fail to see how this deal can be resurrected unless the authorities were to drop it overnight which if the allegations are strong seems unlikely.

Thats his fault not the bookies, can't stand people who blame everything else for their lack of impulse control.
I'm going back over 30 years. They allowed a vulnerable individual to gamble. I know there are safeguards against underaged betting now, but bookies are still taking advantage of vulnerable people, despite all the 'gamble aware' adverts. I guarantee every high street bookie knows who their 'problem' gamblers are, and the online bookies have software to detect problematic patterns of gambling. They still take their money.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.