Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Our starting midfield for a lot of games after Silva went was Rodri, Bernardo and Kevin De Bruyne with Gundogan on the bench.
Wouldn't know the numbers, but feel Gundogan played that position more than Bernardo, last season at least.
Either way if we have KDB, Kovacic and Paqueta, then Bernardo and Foden won't play there much and leave Grealish Foden Bernardo and lets sy Palmer for the wide positions.
That still leaves game time for Alvarez and maybe Mcatee to get.

Made me laugh! :-)

But...

What if Paqueta was the target all along?

We contact West Ham and they say they don't really want to sell because they're about to sell Rice for £85m.

We say, what if Arsenal bid more so you have more money for replacements?

Then suddenly our half-arsed bid for Rice goes in and Arsenal stump up more money....

Probably nonsense, but it's got to be more chance of it being true than what Aluko said though hasn't it?
It’s not inconceivable to be honest. If there’s a genuine interest I could see an agreement being made like this, but if it’s a passing interest from us then I doubt we’d up the price for them.

I do love a full-on Bluemoon meltdown.

I wanted to see Phil in the middle too, but if Pep thinks he's our best bet out wide then I'm not going to argue. I still think he'll get games in the middle on occasion.

Paqueta is a good player. Comparisons to Phillips are silly. What Kalvin can do with a football, Paqueta can do with an orange.

Think this might be partly about helping keeping Bernie, who probably wants starts out wide and maybe resents being stuck as a workhorse in the middle week after week. That's what I thought last year, anyway. At the start, Bernie was asked to come deep to get the ball on the left side, it wasn't ideal for him at all. I thought then - that's where you'd put Paqueta.

Whats his strengths and weaknesses mate ?
Waiting for @BlueHammer85 to confirm, but I would say he is a hard worker with a very strong defensive contribution, tackling, and aerial duels. Offensively speaking, he has a great through pass on him, is press-resistant, technically sublime, and a great dribbler. I got that watching some West Ham games and all the Brazil games at the World Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.