Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Exactly Easy but well put
i dont think as it stands hes worth anything like upwards of 60 M..he was bang average for a large part of last season, but in his defence, its MOYES hes playing for, not a Moyes player.. and clueless on how to get the best out of him.

his release clause of 85M next summer is the reason why we wont go below that..personally i think 60m and palmer would have been a VERY good deal for us...Palmer is far better than our level though tbh, so very wishful thinking.

im still not convinced by him on a consistent basis for us, but that has more to do with MOYES and most of the players around him..in a side like Man City and Pep he would flourish im sure..imo.
[my view before the betting news]

Last edited:

Only has 3000-4000 people living there, don't suppose they get many West Ham bets, let alone, player second half double yellow bets.. almost comical.

Wonder if we could put a load of bets on a rag player to get booked in a game and see if we can get him banned.

Foden is certainly as good in an attacking sense, but Paqueta was presumably chased because he has the physical heft to play deeper and cover more of the defensive duties as well. He could have been used instead of Kovacic or Bernardo to help rotate, or he could have been used in tandem with Kovacic to rest Rodri. It would appear unlikely that we will pursue his signature now, so we turn our attention to someone else who has similar attributes or some tweak of the system.

He was outstanding last night, and can only get better. He ran the show and covered every blade of grass.
He is wasted on the wing. He has so much energy, brilliant first touch and use if the ball, pace and vision. I love Pep to bits but this is the one thing I disagree with him about (probably means I am wrong) and hope to see Phil play in a more involved role from now on

Foden is certainly as good in an attacking sense, but Paqueta was presumably chased because he has the physical heft to play deeper and cover more of the defensive duties as well. He could have been used instead of Kovacic or Bernardo to help rotate, or he could have been used in tandem with Kovacic to rest Rodri. It would appear unlikely that we will pursue his signature now, so we turn our attention to someone else who has similar attributes or some tweak of the system.
Personally, I think Foden can do the defensive side fine. Didn’t Pep say last season that he could play left back if needed?
That central role is where I’ve always felt Foden will end up but he’s just had to bide his time while De Bruyne is still here and fit to play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.