Lucy Letby infant murders trial - Guilty verdict (P 13)

34 years ago I lost my opportunity to become a Dad when Ashton Hospital botched an operation to deliver our dead baby. I won’t go into specifics but as a 64 year old it still haunts me til this day especially in April which is when our baby was due.

To have a child and then have it murdered is another level, I don’t wish death on many but this monster is deserved of losing her life by whatever means, truly one of the most shocking stories I’ve read.

At what point in her lifetime did she become evil? Are people born like this or is it because of certain incidents they’ve seen while growing up? Absolutely baffles me that anyone could harm another individual with the intent of killing them. Especially when it’s very poorly newborns.

I don’t believe in the death penalty as it’s the easy way out, but there has to be a bigger punishment than life in prison. Torture chamber sounds about right for the evil scum.
Nature vs nurture is an age old debate. If we knew what caused or triggered people to be evil, it’d be stopped immediately. (Although thought crimes is a bit Minority Report)

34 years ago I lost my opportunity to become a Dad when Ashton Hospital botched an operation to deliver our dead baby. I won’t go into specifics but as a 64 year old it still haunts me til this day especially in April which is when our baby was due.

To have a child and then have it murdered is another level, I don’t wish death on many but this monster is deserved of losing her life by whatever means, truly one of the most shocking stories I’ve read.

Know many people at various stages of the IVF process and this is what has bugged me most. Everything that goes into IVF, sometimes years of pain, sometimes for no result. I am intimately familiar with the process. To endure all of that and then encounter someone like this......I'd have to kill her or pay someone inside

Nature vs nurture is an age old debate. If we knew what caused or triggered people to be evil, it’d be stopped immediately. (Although thought crimes is a bit Minority Report)
I don't think it's even worth trying to get your head around stuff like this. I always take comfort in my inability to understand or empathise with paedos/ serial killers etc.

I don't think it's even worth trying to get your head around stuff like this. I always take comfort in my inability to understand or empathise with paedos/ serial killers etc.
100%. It‘s also hard to be critical of her immediate work colleagues as they flagged up irregularities, but they’d find it hard to fathom that one of the colleagues would be murdering babies.

They are the bottom of the victim pile by some distance but I was only saying the same to my Mrs last night. Even a new phone number wouldn't help, their details would be shared very very quickly......people who were once friends, no longer......and all because of the animal they spawned.
Unfortumately, their lives will be hell from now on. They don't deserve to be treated badly, but suspect they sadly will

All of the above, with #4 likely being the trigger.

From what we know so far, she was a long term, well qualified nurse who had been promoted up to the role she had and so far the killings all happened in a very short period around which she was having some sort of flirtation with the on-call senior doctor.

Now of course, plenty of people have crushes in colleagues and don’t go on to kill anyone to get their attention, but the overwhelming majority of people won’t have a personality disorder such as hers, so most likely it was a deadly combo of the 4.

Now if the police subsequently find out that she has killed many many more and from far earlier then of course all bets are off as to the cause.

As said though, in this case a deep and prolonged psychiatric evaluation/study should be in her immediate future.

She wasn’t a long term well qualified nurse. She was killing babies 4 years after qualifying and giving the frequency of these deaths I doubt many of would be surprised if there are a few more charges laid at her door between her qualifying and 2015.

She clearly not right in the head, no one who kills babies is, but if she wanted to play that card she should have pleaded guilty on grounds of diminished responsibility. But she didn’t and surely if there was a trigger event her defence would have got it out.

What a waste of a life not lived for these babies.

100%. It‘s also hard to be critical of her immediate work colleagues as they flagged up irregularities, but they’d find it hard to fathom that one of the colleagues would be murdering babies.
Yes, I think most of us assume our colleagues are not serial killers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.