Lucy Letby infant murders trial - Guilty verdict (P 13)

i really cant bring myself to read the ins and outs of this or any case involving children, something that really gets to me.

rip those poor little souls xxxx

It’s shocking I remember when it came up on the news that they had arrested her and trying to process what potentially could have happened. This is a horrible type of evil up there or even worse than Shipman.

Seems like a deadly combo of:

1. Desperately low confidence/self-esteem
2. Extreme immaturity
3. Personality disorder/‘hero complex’ - always wanted to be on the most critical ward rather than a healthy rotation
4. Crush/flirtation with the senior paediatrician and desire to ‘save the day’ together

In this case I would say it would be better for the start of her sentence to be in a psychiatric hospital so that we can learn the missed signs and ensure we stop the next one, and then they can throw her in jail for a whole life order.
Those who go straight to a secure hospital for treatment normally get their sentence quashed, as you don't serve a sentence there. The treatment can be longer than the original sentence.

In her case like a lot of violent prisoners it probably is PD, most likely the common disorder of being a psychopath. Nothing the forensic hospital can do is there?

Last edited:
I find this all incredibly hard to get my head around. Maybe it's my morality filter, but I'm just struggling as to a why. Part of me keeps thinking can it all just be coincidence and she's not guilty, but again I think that is my, and most people's, primary instinct to look for reason.

Look up Lucia de Berk if you haven't heard of her. A Dutch nurse who was jailed for the same reason and was later exonerated.

But you would hope that the justice system would look at cases like that and make sure they have a very water tight case against her and convicting her on the back of that.

Her post it note looks pretty incriminating too though, although I'm not sure how much that stands up in a court of law without it saying precisely what happened and who she killed specifically.

All signs point to her being rightly found guilty. But the aforementioned case shows there's a slight chance of error when you're convicting someome on circumstantial evidence.

I don't quite know how much this case is based on circumstantial evidence or scientific or what. That's why you just have to trust the system had a well rounded case against her so they get the right verdict first time.

This whole thing is just horrifying. So sickening I can’t even be angry or upset or anything. I just can’t wrap my head around it it’s that unthinkable.

That friend filmed her interview before the verdicts when the format of the documentary wasn’t yet decided. It was going to either be ‘Lucy the killer’ or ‘The doctors who tried to blame a young nurse’ depending on the verdict. That friend has been done a bit dirty tbh.

I was just getting my info from here, I haven’t seen any documentary….is it the same friend referenced?

"She feels that's what she was called to do - to help children who might have been born in similar circumstances."
Unwavering in her loyalty and belief that her friend was incapable of murder, was it possible that Letby had pulled the wool over her eyes?“

i really cant bring myself to read the ins and outs of this or any case involving children, something that really gets to me.

rip those poor little souls xxxx
Started to read about her in The Times this morning and had to quit after reading how she killed one of the wee ones. So distressing. How the parents of the victims are coping I will never know.

I was just getting my info from here, I haven’t seen any documentary….is it the same friend referenced?

"She feels that's what she was called to do - to help children who might have been born in similar circumstances."
Unwavering in her loyalty and belief that her friend was incapable of murder, was it possible that Letby had pulled the wool over her eyes?“
Those handwritten notes in that article are the closest we’re ever likely to get to seeing how her mind worked.

A truly fucked up person in pretty much every sense of the phrase.

It seems that she doesn’t believe that she’s committed these crimes. As a result, we’re unlikely to know what her motive was.

No one will go near the trust’s former Chief Exec and former medical director. This case is far too big for their roles in this to be brushed under the carpet. They’ll be lucky not to do time for their negligence and lack of taking responsibility once the inquiry is complete.
I think I read that they both retired. However the former director of nursing Alison Kelly left the Countess of Chester in 2021 and works in a similar position at the Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust, which runs Salford Royal Hospital and Royal Oldham Hospital.

Maybe it's no wonder that Hope Hospital (Salford Royal to non Mancunians) has gone from one of the best in the country to 'requires improvement'!!

'It was previously one of the top-performing hospitals in the United Kingdom[14][15][16][17] but is now rated as "Requires Improvement" in the latest inspection by the Care Quality Commission and the first inspection since joining the Northern Care Alliance group.'

Tony Chambers the CEO went on to work in 3 other hospitals around the country then retired with a £1.08M pension.

Ian Harvey Medical Director has retired on a good pensions and apparently moved to Spain.

I cannot begin to even comprehend how they didn't listen to the people who were there everyday and had such huge concerns. But even more I cannot comprehend what those poor parents must be going through and will continue to go through.

RIP little ones.

I think I read that they both retired. However the former director of nursing Alison Kelly left the Countess of Chester in 2021 and works in a similar position at the Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust, which runs Salford Royal Hospital and Royal Oldham Hospital.

Maybe it's no wonder that Hope Hospital (Salford Royal to non Mancunians) has gone from one of the best in the country to 'requires improvement'!!

'It was previously one of the top-performing hospitals in the United Kingdom[14][15][16][17] but is now rated as "Requires Improvement" in the latest inspection by the Care Quality Commission and the first inspection since joining the Northern Care Alliance group.'

Tony Chambers the CEO went on to work in 3 other hospitals around the country then retired with a £1.08M pension.

Ian Harvey Medical Director has retired on a good pensions and apparently moved to Spain.

I cannot begin to even comprehend how they didn't listen to the people who were there everyday and had such huge concerns. But even more I cannot comprehend what those poor parents must be going through and will continue to go through.

RIP little ones.
Alison Kelly is part of the Rochdale senior team and is not at Salford, although part of the same overall organisation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.