Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I quite liked him at Swansea, and even now at City, eventhough he seems to have lost a bit of his confidence. But always thought his feet were better than his head.

Have a look at this compilation mate, I counted 8 headed goals there

Then there's his headers against Swansea, Palace and Sunderland for us this season.

Have a look at this compilation mate, I counted 8 headed goals there

Then there's his headers against Swansea, Palace and Sunderland for us this season.

Cheers for the video but I'm not authorized to see it apparently.

Sorry mate, was talking from the top of my head, you're probably right.

Just needs a lot of work on his passing for that, the rest is pretty much all there.
For me his passing is not so much the problem, I think his passing is actually quite decent. It's just that first touch that often puts him in trouble, but once he's comfortably on the ball I think he's excellent.
Question I ask myself is if it would be a bad thing for City to have a striker that doesn't contribute much in build-up when you've already got Silva, De Bruyne etc.
Sometimes you just need someone at the end of it to convert all that combination football into a goal.

One thing you'll notice about Blue Moon is how quickly you are corrected. Always check your facts. For some advice just PM the owner of the site, Damocles.
Cheers mate, I'll keep it in mind!
Maybe it's just the typical City short combination football that mislead my perception a bit, not a lot of chances for him to use those heading skills while it can be such a powerful weapon.
De Bruyne is one who likes to cross but often low crosses except corners.

For me his passing is not so much the problem, I think his passing is actually quite decent. It's just that first touch that often puts him in trouble, but once he's comfortably on the ball I think he's excellent.
Question I ask myself is if it would be a bad thing for City to have a striker that doesn't contribute much in build-up when you've already got Silva, De Bruyne etc.
Sometimes you just need someone at the end of it to convert all that combination football into a goal.

I think city often uses Bony as someone to pass to on the counter who then holds up the ball for a few secs as the attacking players move up after which Bony pases it back.

I think city often uses Bony as someone to pass to on the counter who then holds up the ball for a few secs as the attacking players move up after which Bony pases it back.
Exactly but I don't see it leading to a lot of goals, bar at home.
Lukaku would perhaps offer different options in away games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.