Luke shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
80s Shorts said:
FantasyIreland said:
Ray78 said:
A very steep price for a player who is still cutting his teeth in the game. I am not convinced with this at all,

Which bit?

The suggestion we would be willing to pay that amount? or the question of whether he is worth it?

Wouldn't surprise me if we were letting it be known that we would spend that amount on him.

If we are really that interested but fail to land his signature then at least the competition (or the scum) would have to pay top price.
This

Pellegrini has had time to look at our youth players, and if this story is true, he obviously doesn't think they are good enough. If we did pay that for him, and he turns out as good as Cole, then he'd be worth it.

He'd play here for 10 years. And we could still sell him for 10-15m after years of trophies. He's the best LB in she country right now. Although I'd rather sign Luis or tempt Alaba for that kind of cash.

Ray78 said:
What is different between our own Academy and Southampton's?

I suspect that one key difference is that Southampton will find it much easier to blood young players with regular/semi-regular 1st team football than we do, primarily as they don't have the same quality or depth amongst their senior players that we do

You would like to hope that within a season or two, we use the league cup to blood more of our youth prospects, more regularly. We have signed loads of the world's best kids under our new owners but how do they break through for 1st team action ? We have an amazing 1st 11 and however much some of us may not be fans of the likes of Garcia, if we don't play people like them as part of rotation over & above playing kids, that will cause unrest. Personally, I'd still like to see us blooding our youngsters more but I'm just saying that I can see the dilemma. I hate to say it, but bacon face was pretty good at that.

As for this particular rumour, the figures being thrown around to seem pretty ridiculous but as the journo article states, we have a serious issue to address regarding English players. Other than Hart & Milner (who in the former instance there have been rumours about replacing and in the latter, hasn't been getting a huge amount of game time) which English players in our current squad have a future ? Barry is effectively gone, Lescott, whatever you think about him, seems to be on borrowed time. Sinclair is unlikely to feature for us and I'd love to see Rodwell work but there are obvious serious doubts over whether he will ever be up to it physically. That leaves Micah and forgotten man Richard Wright.

So we will have to go for a few English players over the next 12 months and pay a big price for the privilege. We either take a gamble on inexperienced players or pay a completely unrecoverable OTT price for experienced ones. That's surely been a factor behind our signings of the likes of Adam Johnson & Sinclair - Navas, though more expensive, was better value IMO but we have to meet the English quota requirements in the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.