Luke shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has he achieved in his short career to warrant that kind of money? What is different between our own Academy and Southampton's? Is it not better to sign a better quality and more experienced LB than Clichy and Kolarov and wait to see how Angelino develops, before we start frittering away vast amounts of money on potential only? The Champions League will ruthlessly expose any faults in Luke Shaw's game without any doubts.

Be a perfect signing to be honest, he fits our team like a glove. Young and English to boot and in my opinion he's already better than what we have at the moment and can obviously improve being as young as he is. I'd sell Clichy over Kolarov though, he's useless going forward and this season he's started to look a bit suspect defensively which wasn't what we'd come to expect of him the past couple of seasons, I reckon PSG or Monaco would be willing to pay a decent fee to take him off us. I really hope there's truth in the Shaw and Mangala rumours as we'll be set for a decade at the back even if it will cost a bomb to do so.

Ray78 said:
What has he achieved in his short career to warrant that kind of money? What is different between our own Academy and Southampton's? Is it not better to sign a better quality and more experienced LB than Clichy and Kolarov and wait to see how Angelino develops before we start frittering away vast amounts of money on potential only? The Champions League will ruthlessly expose any faults in Luke Shaw's game without any doubts.
God knows, but if anyone does they should bottle and sell it.

FantasyIreland said:
Ray78 said:
A very steep price for a player who is still cutting his teeth in the game. I am not convinced with this at all,

Which bit?

The suggestion we would be willing to pay that amount? or the question of whether he is worth it?

Wouldn't surprise me if we were letting it be known that we would spend that amount on him.

If we are really that interested but fail to land his signature then at least the competition (or the scum) would have to pay top price.

Ray78 said:
What has he achieved in his short career to warrant that kind of money? What is different between our own Academy and Southampton's? Is it not better to sign a better quality and more experienced LB than Clichy and Kolarov and wait to see how Angelino develops, before we start frittering away vast amounts of money on potential only? The Champions League will ruthlessly expose any faults in Luke Shaw's game without any doubts.
I'm pretty much with you on this, I can't see the point in shelling that much on potential, rather than getting players who will improve us now and developing our own incredibly promising LB. I don't see what Luke Shaw has done other than be English and young and play in the PL, maybe I've not seen enough of him, but I don't see how he is so uniquely brilliant that we should spend more money on him than has ever been spent on any fullback in history.

Shaw would improve us now. I've been very impressed with him for 18 months now. Would be a signing that really excites me.

30 million is a solid investment for one of the top young prem players right now. 18 years old and could give us 5-15 years of service. He could become world class under our direction. I say go for it.

He's a Chelsea fan. Chelsea are looking for a LB to replace Cole. They'd be willing to pay as much as we are. Don't see us getting him at all.

Still ruining football.

If this gets more coverage expect to see stats about how many starts Rodwell has had, some references to Sinclair, and probably even Adam Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.