Luke shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olallana said:
UUBlue said:
Olallana said:
Saints fan in peace.

Just wanted to say that Shaw and Lallana and Boruc and Clyne and Schneiderlin are NOT FOR SALE!!!

Forget about signing any of our players as we are now a top 6 side and will not trade with other top 6 sides like manchester city

Facts would tend to disprove you.

saqe4a3y.jpg

We have had a horrible run of injuries lately. Before that we were 3rd!! Mauricio Pochettino turned down Spurs.

Some posters on Saints web have an agenda and seems the same here.

Do we have a better midfield than man united answer that one?

Mate, we all get injuries. The top 6 teams have sufficient squad depth to be able to get results despite these injuries though. Hence why we are top at the moment with our top scorer injured, Arsenal doing well with Wilshire and Ramsay injured; whereas other teams like Southampton and United struggle when their key players are out.

I think it is laudable that Southampton have the ambition to attain a top 6 position, but you ain't there just yet, and I agree that if a Champions League opportunity came the way of any of your players, they would give it serious consideration.

I am not having a dig at you here. I have great admiration for your club and the number of Premiership players it has produced. I just think you have a little way to go yet, and there are other good teams standing in your way, equally intent on becoming established in the top 6.

UUBlue said:
Olallana said:
UUBlue said:
Facts would tend to disprove you.

saqe4a3y.jpg

We have had a horrible run of injuries lately. Before that we were 3rd!! Mauricio Pochettino turned down Spurs.

Some posters on Saints web have an agenda and seems the same here.

Do we have a better midfield than man united answer that one?

Mate, we all get injuries. The top 6 teams have sufficient squad depth to be able to get results despite these injuries though. Hence why we are top at the moment with our top scorer injured, Arsenal doing well with Wilshire and Ramsay injured; whereas other teams like Southampton and United struggle when their key players are out.

I think it is laudable that Southampton have the ambition to attain a top 6 position, but you ain't there just yet, and I agree that if a Champions League opportunity came the way of any of your players, they would give it serious consideration.

I am not having a dig at you here. I have great admiration for your club and the number of Premiership players it has produced. I just think you have a little way to go yet, and there are other good teams standing in your way, equally intent on becoming established in the top 6.

Ok good post. Thank you

Not having a go at you, just some posters like Turkish, Alpine, Glasgow and Barry have an agenda and just post nonsense.

I admire Man City and like your manager too

English or not, why would you spend that amount of cash on a left back when Kolorov is in the form of his life?

Does anyone seriously believe he is even 50% of the player Kolorov is this season!

For me, no chance.

Olallana said:
Saints fan in peace.

Just wanted to say that Shaw and Lallana and Boruc and Clyne and Schneiderlin are NOT FOR SALE!!!

Forget about signing any of our players as we are now a top 6 side and will not trade with other top 6 sides like manchester city

I'll get Shiekh Mansour on the phone and inform him immediately. Well, got to finish this call to Henry fucking Kissinger first but straight after

30mil is way too much. Alves cost that much when he went to Barca but at least he was already a special player at that time. Way too risky if we pay 30 mil. Besides I think the player wants to go to Chelsea

Damocles said:
Olallana said:
Saints fan in peace.

I'll get Shiekh Mansour on the phone and inform him immediately. Well, got to finish this call to Henry fucking Kissinger first but straight after
You're not particular whose company you keep.<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:55 pm --<br /><br />
jared said:
30mil is way too much. Alves cost that much when he went to Barca but at least he was already a special player at that time. Way too risky if we pay 30 mil. Besides I think the player wants to go to Chelsea
Ludicrous amount of money for a left-back that's barely out of his nappies.

MaineRoadBlue said:
English or not, why would you spend that amount of cash on a left back when Kolorov is in the form of his life?

Does anyone seriously believe he is even 50% of the player Kolorov is this season!

For me, no chance.

I certainly see and salute Kolarov's progress under Pellegrini, but let's not loose our sense of clear rational subjectivity.
He's better yes, but still not "the best in the league", and he still has his weaknesses, as most other players as well.
The most major weaknesses of Kolarov is his stamina and lack of pace, and those are two traits not easily improved at his age.
So I don't think Kolarov can become much better than what he is now.

Shaw on the other hand, is already at his young age, at least as good defensively as Kolarov, and has the attitude and stamina of Zabaleta and a lot more pace than Kolarov. He doesn't have quite the cross that Alex has, not many players do, but he has a lot of time to learn and become better.

I'm not saying Shaw would walk straight into our best XI, but playing him instead of Kolarov would NOT make the team more likely to concede goals.

So I really think this is one of those "too expensive" deals which would actually makes sense and in the end prove to be a great deal.

Olallana said:
Saints fan in peace.

Severely deluded idiot ^

What's the deal with Shaw's injuries? I got the impression he was quite injury prone but he seems to have played most games this season

jared said:

You have to be careful with transfer fees, the figure you see is very rarely the amount paid it's normally the maximum amount and will be full of conditions

Let's not worry about the fees and just comment on the player because a) a lot will be dependent on things (league wins, caps etc.) b) Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.