Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

I think it will be Pep that decides our future not us.

And to be fair,i wont begrudge him that. 2 great record breaking seasons.

Barcelona are in trouble on,and off the field.Pep is connected to Club emotionally.His wife hates Manchester.Plus Covid fundamentally changed his life,and outlook,

The lure from his spiritual home might be too great.With Pochetinho waiting in the wings.He might feel he needs to seize the opportunity or lose it.

I also think Barcelona would see Pep as a Fireman,mediating between all factions at the Club,putting out fires.Right man at the right time.Rather than risking upheaval with Pochetinho.

Where as we are still a work in progress and perfect for Pochetinho and a new direction.

It is possible there will be an amicable parting of the ways over the next couple of weeks.

It is a real possibility in my opinion.He has completed a 4 year cycle which he says is the lifespan of his style and tactics.

And he has always said he will return to Barcelona at the right moment.

This might be it.

We will see.

No chance he's going there, irrespective of what happens here.

It's a fucking car crash & there is nothing he could do about it.

I think it will be Pep that decides our future not us.

And to be fair,i wont begrudge him that. 2 great record breaking seasons.

Barcelona are in trouble on,and off the field.Pep is connected to Club emotionally.His wife hates Manchester.Plus Covid fundamentally changed his life,and outlook,

The lure from his spiritual home might be too great.With Pochetinho waiting in the wings.He might feel he needs to seize the opportunity or lose it.

I also think Barcelona would see Pep as a Fireman,mediating between all factions at the Club,putting out fires.Right man at the right time.Rather than risking upheaval with Pochetinho.

Where as we are still a work in progress and perfect for Pochetinho and a new direction.

It is possible there will be an amicable parting of the ways over the next couple of weeks.

It is a real possibility in my opinion.He has completed a 4 year cycle which he says is the lifespan of his style and tactics.

And he has always said he will return to Barcelona at the right moment.

This might be it.

We will see.
with u on this 100%

I’m with this.. this is not why we lost and nor should we be pointing to it.

That said, as a football fan though I just can’t get to grips with the rule. He clearly interfered with play by dummying the ball he’s involved in the move and it’s natural course.. he is totally interfering with play.
So why no offside?
The offside is a moot point. The foul on Laporte was pivotal in Dembele getting the shot away. No foul - no goal.

If that was against Laporte in the opposition penalty area it would be given as a penalty.

Remember when we got beat by Real Madrid in the CL semi final and Khaldoon in his end of season interview was almost frothing at the mouth about us not expressing ourselves and laid the blame entirely on Pellegrini
I wonder if he's going to say the same about Guardiola
I think he will.

Txiki and Ferran will back Pep till the grave but I honestly believe Khaldoon will have been fuming since the team was released. He seems like the type.

No, it wasn't- he barely touched him
He touched him enough to bring him downnBT Sport neutrals thought it was including Peter Whalton the match ref also put his whistle to his mouth 100% a foul Then there the offside a player open his legs for the ball to go through to the goal scorer how is that not interfering with play?

To not start Foden was a fucking disgrace BTW.
He's been our second best player since the restart. Vision, pace, skill, workrate and he knows where the goal is.
When he has not started we have lost.
Instead Pep plays Gundogon who was absolute dog shit tonight.

I believe a lot of the problems this season are down to the amount of games Gundy has played as he is bang average

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.