Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

we need 2x world class CBs.
We need a LB. Still.
We need a RB. Still.
We need 2 wc DMs.
We need minimum of 2 world class forwards.

Rodri not good enough for the level we want to be.
Ditto Gundo. Ditto jesus. Ditto walker. Ditto mendy. Ditto cancelo. Ditto stones and otamendi.

It can't all happen In one or even two summers so without a root and branch reform of our playing style we may just have to accept the ch9ampios league not coming to us for a minimum of the next 2 seasons. Personally I'm fine with that as I hate this competition but khaldoon will have some serious decision making to do.

We haven't been robbed tonight. We've been leathered by a team that were set up tactically to beat us and did it with consumate ease.

There's nothing new here. We have known for 4 years that pep hasn't got the ability to win the champions league. If winning the champions league is what we are to be about we should go for Jose. If we want to win the league and the champions league we should accept the ethos of the club has to change and we need to be more pragmatic. Managers like klopp who can win both whilst playing exciting powerful football are few and far between. Other than the man himself I can't think of one other and liverpool aren't letting him go.

That was embarrassing tonight. All the more so becasue none of us were surprised by it. It happens every year.

Liverpool, not as good as us. Out thought us tactically and knocked us out.
Spurs. A truly shit team. Taxtically far superior. Knocked us out.
Lyon. Tactically embarrassed us. Knocked us out.

We will never ever win this with our current set up. Never ever.

KDB looking passed off and furious in his post match interview as well. He deserves a chance to win this thing.
Spoilt brat!

Pass the buck to the players

Pep Guardiola: "This competition, you have to equalise and go to the last minutes or extra time. This competition you have to be perfect. The first goal we have to solve it better. We created more chances. I haven't seen the stats - we did everything but score

I'm sorry, but I seem to want to rail against what a lot of you are thinking.

It wasn't so long ago that a few of us feared the club buying the best players would mean fruitless enjoyment of football as we marched relentlessly over weaker opposition. That never really happened. Why?

Cos we're City.

I was afraid when Pep came along that actual procession of victory would make us boring and it almost did, but just as that seemed a real possibility, we didn't. Why?

Cos we're City.

In fact, now, I liken Pep to 'Willy Wonka'; a mad genius, never happy with his invention, but always trying to improve it. And, like 'Willy Wonka' other rivals have tried to steal that formula or try and build their own version of what he does.

So, to me, you either adore 'Willy Wonka' with his mistakes and wonderful surprises or you loathe him.

Pep and City were made for each other and it's only downhill for the both of us when it's over.
Suppose we all just want that golden ticket!

I get the foul aspect.. I’m on board it should definitely have been chalked off for that alone. I’m just confused about the offside element as take the foul out of the equation to me he still interfered with play as he’s part of the movement with the dummy.

"A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate

or interfering with an opponent by:

preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision

or challenging an opponent for the ball

or clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent

or making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball."

No opponent near so not offside. (If he didn't touch the ball.)

I think it will be Pep that decides our future not us.

And to be fair,i wont begrudge him that. 2 great record breaking seasons.

Barcelona are in trouble on,and off the field.Pep is connected to Club emotionally.His wife hates Manchester.Plus Covid fundamentally changed his life,and outlook,

The lure from his spiritual home might be too great.With Pochetinho waiting in the wings.He might feel he needs to seize the opportunity or lose it.

I also think Barcelona would see Pep as a Fireman,mediating between all factions at the Club,putting out fires.Right man at the right time.Rather than risking upheaval with Pochetinho.

Where as we are still a work in progress and perfect for Pochetinho and a new direction.

It is possible there will be an amicable parting of the ways over the next couple of weeks.

It is a real possibility in my opinion.He has completed a 4 year cycle which he says is the lifespan of his style and tactics.

And he has always said he will return to Barcelona at the right moment.

This might be it.

We will see.
I'd take ten Hag over Poch.

Someone needs to explain the offside rule to me because I have absolutely no idea about it now

I cannot understand why, when the ball is deliberately passed to an offside player, who let's the ball run through his legs, the offside player is not deemed to be offside!
Even though he has not touched the ball, he has influenced play

Surely its offside and certainly it’s a foul. It’s not like he’s just left the ball and made no attempt to go for it. He’s actually had to adjust his legs to let the ball go between them

VAR and UEFA fucked us over twice in the same incident. Not a chance does the goal stand if it had been at the other end

I don't think Pep will ever change his defensive approach to the game as in the high line, so until we have a back 4 who play chess and can run like billyo when the oppo have pacy forwards these results are going to happen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.