Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

Not shocked....just angry.....why the fuck he played Ferny(who has dropped alarmingly in the last few months) against a team who DON'T press, and Kyle Walker , who is just a bottle merchant(let's have it right)......I am so fucking angry....no Silvas....no Foden.......no fucking chance. He (Pep) May as just waved a white fucking flag.....no Cojones.....I am so fucking angry, I wanna smash the house up....pathetic.....makes my blood boil.....ahhhhhh.

Going against the grain here so tin hat on.

I didn't like the line up either btw but..

xG on that game was 3-1 to City and we would have all been happy with that score. Appalling misses and gifted goals are not Pep's fault.

Not saying he couldn't have picked a team that won 5-0 but this, on the face of it, Is the players.

I think the goals are partly down to him. We play way too far up the pitch and simple balls over the top have cost us time and time again this season. Surely learning from that and doing something about it is a coaches job.

We left Bernardo and Foden on the bench. We also, more or less, left Silva on the bench. What a shocking dereliction of duty by Pep. Once again, he bottled it in Europe.

Very reactionary but I’m pissed off and need to rant...

1. Pep got it wrong by showing them too much respect. They clearly posed a threat on the counter as they showed later on but it was evident that we weren’t creating chances in the first half. We played a high line which got caught out for their first goal so it clearly didn’t make a difference anyway.

2. Yet again we missed our chances when we were level. We didn’t create as many as we usually do but we could have put this game to bed after our equaliser. We miss an unreal amount of chances and need a player who can finish them. We aren’t clinical enough.Watch Bayern go and batter Lyon on Wednesday and show us what difference it makes when you take your chances.

3. Officials screwed us over once again. Lots of soft decisions went Lyon’s way and there was a foul on Laporte in the build up to their second goal. How VAR doesn’t overturn that I don’t know. It’s frustrating but why give them the chance to screw us over? This was the most winnable of all the quarter finals we have ever had in this competition and we let it (partly) boil down to a poor refereeing decision.

4. How the fuck does Sterling miss that? How? HOW? How does a professional football player miss a chance like that? The best players deliver in the big games and in moments like that. Not good enough ffs. That’s where teams like Barca, Real, Bayern etc would have scored. I hate them but there’s no way any of the dippers miss that either ffs.

5. It was Lyon for fuck’s sake. Seventh in a far inferior league and they haven’t played competitive football in half a year. We don’t deserve to win this competition if we lose to teams like that. I would much rather have got battered by Bayern. We’ve played them three times in two years under Pep and haven’t beat them once. Ridiculous.

All in all a disappointing end to a disappointing season (yes, I was hoping for more than the league cup, a distant second place and a CL QF and if you weren’t then let’s agree to disagree). The fact that we haven’t made it past the quarter finals in the CL the past three years is incredibly frustrating and in my opinion a failure on Pep’s part. Yes, we have achieved some amazing things and have won a lot of trophies along the way but we have failed in Europe.

It starts and ends at point 1.

Point 1 caused the other 4 points

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.