Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

Wonder if Bayern will drop their attacking players because of the might of Lyon? We all knew he'd end up overthinking a game and it was tonight. We ended up with a midfield with no pace and no aggression that offers nothing going forwards and nothing defensively. If we want to play slow, defensive football, we may as well get Maureen in as at least we might be able to defend then.

His obsession with Europe is such that I don't think he'll ever win it again, not just with us. He'll always do something to try and out think the opposition and end up with a team that's incapable of playing how they know. I've no idea what that team was out there tonight, but it clearly wasn't the City we knew and it was obvious from moment the team sheet came out.
Lyon were distinctly average tonight and we should have beaten them quite comfortably. But like you, when I saw the team sheet my heart sank and I saw another below par result coming

Why did he play Garcia that doesnt even want to at the club???
It's Laporte who costed us both QF. His passing was absolutely atrocious today. He looked really shaky in numerous 1v1, and it's not surprising that it's him who gifted them the goal. Garcia is the most level-headed in that back 4 despite his tender years, no wonder why we want to get hold of him. At this level it plays on the head more than the feet, and Laporte failed us big big time, just like Pep.

Really disappointed Foden didn't start, we needed his energy and he has been one of our best players in 2020. Don't understand it, he is clearly ready for these games.
But he at least should’ve come on.

He’s probably been our best player since the restart. He scores goals and gets assists.

It’s completely baffling he doesn’t get on in that situation, preferably after about 30 minutes. We missed his energy and he’d have been perfect with late runs into the box against the deep block... if we actually played him in his best position.

Elsewhere, the major issue with recruitment seems to be that it’s all too cosy. There doesn’t seem much to challenge our current approach between the DoF and the manager.

So we’ve ended up where the centre of the pitch, from the central defenders, central midfield and centre forwards it so one paced. Hopefully we address this in the next four weeks.

Deeply, deeply frustrating night.

I think the goals are partly down to him. We play way too far up the pitch and simple balls over the top have cost us time and time again this season. Surely learning from that and doing something about it is a coaches job.

I think the goals are partly down to him. We play way too far up the pitch and simple balls over the top have cost us time and time again this season. Surely learning from that and doing something about it is a coaches job.
Correct, Millwall.......and we play Ferny.....who turns slower than the Queen Mary.....FFS.....and Kyle Walker who is a well known Bottler...who reverts to hoofing it......absolute fucking joke.
I think Pep will stay though....and this is his "get your hands in your pocket" sign to the owners.....we need good, speedy defenders........like Denayer, why the fuck we let him go is beyond me......Imagine him being tought by Vinnie, whilst he was still with us. Remember him, when he was 19 at City...he was a raw beast then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.