Mon 0750 Manc - Charleroi
Bus Charleroi to Brussels then 4 hrs of belgian beer
Mon 1640 Brussels - Lyon arr. 1800

2 nights AirBnb in Old Lyon

Wed 1036 Train to Marseille then 2 hrs of expensive french lager
Wed 1455 Mars - Stansted
Wed 1730 Train Standsted - home

£185 all in, including a tour of terrorist hotspots - again booked a while ago

Tues 6 10 Manchester via Brussels arrive Lyon 11 05 hotel in old town 13 45 Lyon via Dusseldorf arrive home Wed 7 15 jobs a good un

One of my first away trips was to Lyon back in 1999. It was a brilliant trip in a beautiful city. There was no trouble and everyone mixed well in the main areas. After the game when you are kept in saw the 10,000 group if us bounce and sing the whole time. A massive wedge of Lyon fans stayed behind to watch us.

As we left the ground we turned onto a road back into the City Centre. On both sides were lined Lyon fans. I remember saying to our group to get ready for a set too.

As we approached them they started to applaud us and it was magic as well as a relief. The pub we were in most in our five days there was called Max’s Bar and was at that time owned by the brother of a Marseille player. If your nearby it I would recommend it. If it’s the same owner tell them I sent you. He will, always provided food to keep drinking. He didn’t realise we would have with ot without food.

Great place. Great people. And the French weren’t bad either. :)

Stayed in Lyon for a week during Euro 16 and agree the city is brilliant (especially Old Lyon) and the french were very welcoming which was a bit bizarre. That said, their ultras turned up and tried attacking a bar of English in Old Lyon. I'm pretty certain they will be mooching around on the Monday night looking for soft targets.

The ground is fucking miles out of the city (I know because we used the free bikes and cycled out there), and there is a point where you have to change trams - I understand this is also a likely flashpoint for trouble.

Their ultras attacked a bar of Spurs fans and there was loads of trouble when Besiktas visited but haven't heard of anything when Everton were there a couple of years ago.

This is definitely one to keep your wits about you.

Monday Heathrow to Lyon 16:20.
Wednesday Lyon to Brussels 11:50 -13:10 then Brussels to Edinburgh 15:45-16:25.

Of the 4 blocks we have been allocated in the corner, 1 of them appears to have sold out (block 430). Tickets are still available in the other 3 (blocks 428,429 & 431)

Ah, ok. I must admit I didn’t try to buy in that block when they first went on sale, though it was available to select , I opted for block 429.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.