Lyon travel plans

Flights from Heathrow for £112 each for me and wife on the Sunday morning (quite early), return very early on the Wednesday which has meant we've decided to stay in a hotel right near the ground for the Tuesday and have the Sunday/Monday in a more central hotel. Can't wait, 1st Euro away trip since Gladbach.

Hotel near the ground was expensive though but, with the ground being so far away from the City centre, we didn't fancy all the pissing about after the game because of a stupidly early flight home on the Wednesday. City centre hotel though was reasonable at £75 a night.

I consider myself as a bit of a groundhopper, so I normally like to add a few days on before or after a trip to tick off some new grounds but this is convoluted even by my standards.

Skipping the West Ham game and flying to Nuremburg on the Friday before, and watching Greuther Fürth v Magdeburg. Flying from Nuremburg to Marrakech on the Saturday morning. Couple of days there (hopefully including a game) and then flying from Marrakech to Lyon on the Monday evening. Early Thursday flying from Lyon to Bordeaux and watching Bordeaux v Slavia Prague that night before flying back home on the Friday afternoon, in time for our game on Saturday.

The actual trip (flights and accommodation) is cheaper than doing a spikes/TC, but obviously I'll spend a lot on beer and food in that time.

Sounds mint that mate, enjoy.

Overnight coach London - Lyon (change Paris midnight out, 6-8am on return) €34 each way. I'm not doing it (15 hour journey) but (no hotel needed) it's cheap!
I've realised that's a bit dodgy coming back the same night, as it's a 2100 local kick-off.

Manchester-Paris CDG late on Monday, sleep in airport, 0642 TGV to Lyon airport - 10 Euro.... (dearer to get from Lyon airport to Lyon!) Still not doing it but it's fun looking.

Was someone running a coach trip?

Still not a patch on a trawler from the Shetlands to the Faroes...

Two blocks on sale now
Yesterday only one block was available, go figure?

If I had a hundred years and a degree in 'simplyfying a Already Simple Process' I could not figure out our ticket office. Not moaning though, an extra block makes me feel more confident. 2 1/2 hours left.

Wahey, two minutes past 12, get in. Lyon ticket(s) sorted.

Deux pastis avec moir si vous plait et une assiette d'escargots.

it seemed to be offering me two blocks but I didnt fuck about trying to be clever and pick an area never mind a seat. I do not trust City to sell me a raffle ticket never mind an away ticket so i just dived in and got my 2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.