Madeleine McCann

I just saw this documentary is on netflix now. For someone that knows very little about the case, would you say that it is bias towards or against the parents? Or is it even sided?
I'm going to watch it today and not sure whether I should take it with a grain of salt or not.

I think it is skewed towards them. It gradually builds towards a ‘conclusion’ that they’re innocent but doesn’t actually say it. It’s done subtly.

I just saw this documentary is on netflix now. For someone that knows very little about the case, would you say that it is bias towards or against the parents? Or is it even sided?
I'm going to watch it today and not sure whether I should take it with a grain of salt or not.
I thought it was disjointed throughout; attempting to display evidence, randomly both for and against the neglectors, with a majority decision for them.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm three episodes in and have gone from thinking she was abducted to thinking the guy with the gimpy eye did it to, it was the parents.
Let's see how the rest pans out.

Watched every episode and still not sure what to think, apart from the fact that the Mcanns came across as unpleasent people who still don't seem to believe they did anything remotely wrong.

Do you want to solve this case or not? ;)

Ah so there is something in the “Kate had been certifying deaths”? I genuinely didn’t know this had been mentioned. It was the only thing I could come up with regarding the dog indications, if she was a teacher rather than a doctor this couldn’t be a possibility at all.

Because Gerry wasn’t even sleeping in the same bed as Kate. He was sleeping in a super king size bed with Jane Tanner, David Payne and Robert Murat. ;)

My Mrs thinks the same, when he read that statement out he didn’t even choke or well up. She reckons that’d be impossible when you’re facing such a loss. She also reckons Kate seem like she’s controlled by him, there’s a clip I’ve seen where he’s reading a statement and answering questions, Kate looks at him out but as soon as he glances at her she looks away and stares at the floor, this goes on for a few minutes whilst Gerry is talking and she must look at him and turn away a good few times.
I’ve always found them a bit robotic and hard to warm to but it’s not enough to make them guilty.
There is a clip in the Netflix documentary where Gerry and Kate are being interviewed and Gerry flips out, starts moaning about the questions and stands up taking his mic off to end the interview.

Kate just sits there looking at Gerry and doesn’t say a word. Not a word. No “it’s alright, love, sit down”. No consoling or reassurance that a wife would normally give a husband. And she certainly doesn’t converse with the interviewer about what’s upset Gerry.

Just sits there.

Seems very odd.

Looking back, I think the series was a poor attempt at impartiality. The first few episodes gave the impression that it was going to be a hit piece on the McCanns. Even had the detective being a little disparaging about Gerry. The precursor to the series that they didn't approve of it also gave us the impression that we could be in for some explosive content.
We were then guided away from any thought that the McCanns were guilty of anything and instead, were told how incompetent and corrupt the Portuguese police were/are.
It's a difficult situation though because any tv network or news outlet that suggests guilt will find themselves being sued.

Looking back, I think the series was a poor attempt at impartiality. The first few episodes gave the impression that it was going to be a hit piece on the McCanns. Even had the detective being a little disparaging about Gerry. The precursor to the series that they didn't approve of it also gave us the impression that we could be in for some explosive content.
We were then guided away from any thought that the McCanns were guilty of anything and instead, were told how incompetent and corrupt the Portuguese police were/are.
It's a difficult situation though because any tv network or news outlet that suggests guilt will find themselves being sued.
This is actually a good point people should bear in mind, Netflix couldn't really go in too hard on the McCann's with their history of lawsuits etc
There is a clip in the Netflix documentary where Gerry and Kate are being interviewed and Gerry flips out, starts moaning about the questions and stands up taking his mic off to end the interview.

Kate just sits there looking at Gerry and doesn’t say a word. Not a word. No “it’s alright, love, sit down”. No consoling or reassurance that a wife would normally give a husband. And she certainly doesn’t converse with the interviewer about what’s upset Gerry.

Just sits there.

Seems very odd.
Think it would be fair to say Gerry is the dominant personality in that marriage.

This is actually a good point people should bear in mind, Netflix couldn't really go in too hard on the McCann's with their history of lawsuits etcThink it would be fair to say Gerry is the dominant personality in that marriage.
Apart from the time when Gerry was on his way home and Kate threw beer cans and bottles at his car windows to intimidate him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.