Madeleine McCann

Of the many different alternative theories, the idea that she wandered from the apartment then was abducted/killed/died isn't beyond the realms of credibility. But then you still have to consider that she might have had a decent sense of direction as to where her parents would be although being 3 (almost 4) I might be wrong on that. I think the fact that the door was unlocked makes the intruder theory the likeliest. I'm doubtful that Tanner saw her being carried away though, I'd guess she was put straight into a car.
Well well well. I suspect you may be right but obviously have no evidence or proof.

The McCann's may well have gone on to have a great relationship with their daughter if she'd survived their parenting choices. She didn't though. Your friends may well have been luckier but they made equally poor choices as a parent.
My point is that whether or not you believe they made a bad choice, people can make the same choice and be loving, caring happy, non monstrous parents.

The McCann's may well have gone on to have a great relationship with their daughter if she'd survived their parenting choices. She didn't though. Your friends may well have been luckier but they made equally poor choices as a parent.

Absolutely and it's a poor justification of the wrongdoing.

There are plenty of murderers out there who have got off free. Doesn't make it right.

Not for a second am I comparing murder to this case but in principle it is the same.

My point is that whether or not you believe they made a bad choice, people can make the same choice and be loving, caring happy, non monstrous parents.

Nobody said they were monstrous. The debate is that they were neglectful.

Some parents do the same and get away with it, but that doesn't make it right.

Yeesh, that does seem like really bad parenting. Good man for coming out the other side.

The worst type of parent but in a roundabout way, the best.

The old man taught me about everything I shouldn't do in my existence on this earth.

Whether they were on the piss doesn't matter.

Look at the end of the day fella, you think its okay to leave children unattended so we will never agree.

I'm going to leave it here with you. Argument has had its day now.

Again, children spend time on their own all the time it’s down to the context and the finer details.

Maybe backing yourself into a corner is the wrong turn of phrase but it would seem that the vast majority on this thread feel that it was bad parenting. I appreciate your quest for balance but perhaps it was indeed bad parenting even if calls for their incarceration are harsh.
I know you have said there was room for improvement (I paraphrase you there) but perhaps if it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck, maybe it is after all a duck. Just not a duck that needs locking up.

That’s a fair point.

Wasting my time discussing it with you as you’re still slipping the window in there.
The windows couldn’t be opened from outside, they shown no forced entry and only had Kate’s fingerprints on them.

For god sake man.

I’m just saying the whole place could have been locked and that would have been better.

I’m not saying 100% the window was used - although many investigators think it was.

My point wasn’t on the actual abductors entry - it was on what the parents could have done.

The amount of times I get miss quoted is ridiculous

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.