Madeleine McCann

For all the ‘it wasn’t unsafe’ brigade-

If it was perfectly safe why did the party organise for an adult to go and ‘check’ on the children every 20 or whatever minutes?

If something is safe you don’t go checking it’s safe every 20 minutes, you just accept it as safe and crack on with your life don’t you.

I’ll get my popcorn.

It sounds extremely unlikely. In the first instance do you suppose that the use of Calpol was the first time they tried to calm Maddie down?
That being the case I suspect it unlikely that she suffered a reaction having presumably not suffered one previously. They were doctors so again, I would have thought they were in a position to do something about it.
Are there many Calpol related deaths that you are aware of?
Let us suppose that she did suffer a fatal reaction to a relatively benign childrens medicine that is used worldwide by (I presume) many millions of infants. Why on earth would the parents first reaction be "Bloody hell Gerry, she's only gone and karked it, let's dump the body and embark on a massive cover up"
The more I type, the less plausible it all sounds. But that said, now't so queer as folk so on balance yes that's almost certainly exactly what happened.
Whatever actually occurred, nothing about this is ordinairy. Every option explored seems really far fetched. I wonder if we shall ever find out.
What happens if they gave her something a little bit stronger than calpol and therefore think shite toxicology will reveal what we've given her? I'm sure they would of disposed of said evidence along with the body .

It is possible that Madeleine was given a sedative to make sure that she slept through so that her parents could have an undisturbed evening.
It is possible that Madeleine suffered a reaction to it which killed her.
It is possible that Madeleine's mother administered the sedative and Gerry spoke at the press conference to protect his wife.
It is possible that Gerry disposed of the little girls body.
It could possibly have been a terrible accident, an accident which they have tried to cover up.
Does this sound plausible?

All possible as you say, but the evidence available suggests enormously unlikely.

That’s reason enough to leave this bereaved and devastated couple alone in my opinion. I find the conspiracy theories distasteful and a bit ghoulish.

If it was perfectly safe why did the party organise for an adult to go and ‘check’ on the children every 20 or whatever minutes?

If something is safe you don’t go checking it’s safe every 20 minutes, you just accept it as safe and crack on with your life don’t you.

I’ll get my popcorn.
I should imagine that the fact that they did check at regular intervals was precisely what made it safe, (in the, as it turns out rather inadequate risk assessment) to their minds. Chances are it would have been but....we all know the rest. I am not siding with their decision btw but as you asked I thought I would give some sort of an answer.

I’ll get my popcorn.

Depends what you base the 20 minutes visits on?
There's a statement from the old dear in apartment above that 2 nights previously there was crying from the McCanns apartment for over an hour (from 10.30 to 11.45) which only stopped when she heard the McCanns returning back to their room.

Also Oldfield said in one of his statements that during visits they didn't physically check on the kids, only listened to see if they heard anything.

What happens if they gave her something a little bit stronger than calpol and therefore think shite toxicology will reveal what we've given her? I'm sure they would of disposed of said evidence along with the body .
It's a theory. No better or worse than many. Are you suggesting that they were trying to kill their own daughter? Again, as doctors you would hope that they wouldn't play fast and loose with their own daughters medication. (I am aware that there is an element of irony to this given that they considered it safe to leave her in the first place) but I would think that they wouldn't just fling an inappropriate amount of (strong?) sedatives down her neck and bugger off to the bar.

Waved, according to everyone there they could see the apartment, why run back? Why not just shout and wave frantically at the rest of the selfish cunts?

She ran over shouting them and ran back - she didn’t skateboard or dance over.

Looks like they could see the apartment to me

Makes no difference what country they were in. And you'll have to show me the evidence of 'previous' that sets Portugal apart as a hotbed of child abductions.
And despite your pious assumptions, i'm a parent and have left my kid sleeping whilst i had a meal 70 yards away. She's now 32.
In broad daylight you can partially see the apartment. At night (the time that the group were eating) in a lit restaurant behind a plastic window, no they couldn't. I've pointed this basic fact out before but it's too inconvenient for one or two people to accept.

It's a theory. No better or worse than many. Are you suggesting that they were trying to kill their own daughter? Again, as doctors you would hope that they wouldn't play fast and loose with their own daughters medication. (I am aware that there is an element of irony to this given that they considered it safe to leave her in the first place) but I would think that they wouldn't just fling an inappropriate amount of (strong?) sedatives down her neck and bugger off to the bar.
No not at all just a theory I certainly don't think they tried to kill their own kid but maybe used a sedative and maybe she woke and fell ? I guess we'll never know unless someone somewhere has a crisis of conscience and comes clean.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.