Madeleine McCann

I was in Portugal with wife and my first little one just a couple months after Maddie went missing.

It still leaves a shiver down my spine.

I just hope this time around there is closure for her family, goodness knows how they have coped with all the guilty feelings and accusations made against them.

They know they did horribly wrong but no parent deserves to live in purgatory like this.

I hope this bastard coughs to where she is and dies in his own vomit.
This post really resinates with me. I was in Praia da Luz a few months later with my little daughter and extended family and saw the McCanns and the flurry of press activity around, I saw the resort, the apartment. I seriously considered not going but we did. I believe this suspect worked in catering in nearby Lagos, we went out (with all the kids I hasten to add) to a restaurant there during our stay. They made a really big mistake and they will have to live with the guilt for the rest of their lives, a mistake I would never have made (although God knows I have made other mistakes). I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemies. All they can hope for now is closure.

Agreed, saw something before, that cases of murder where the killer won't give up the location of the body, then they should never be allowed out.

There's many folk who agree with this, not least Helen McCourt's mother.

The McCanns have received maybe over a million pound in damages or settlements for lies that caused (far too many) people to believe they killed their daughter. If that's not a hard time then I don't know what is.

At the same time though, it's ironic that many of these lies kept the case on the front pages and in many ways, helped provide the funding and interest that will hopefully lead to someone being brought to justice.

True, but they were still getting a lot of favourable press back then. Let’s not forget they were officially classed as suspects for a fair while as well, whereas when Murat was an official suspect he was getting slated by pretty much every British media outlet. And since then, those that the McCanns have sued have turned full circle and effectively become a mouthpiece for them.

True, but they were still getting a lot of favourable press back then. Let’s not forget they were officially classed as suspects for a fair while as well, whereas when Murat was an official suspect he was getting slated by pretty much every British media outlet. And since then, those that the McCanns have sued have turned full circle and effectively become a mouthpiece for them.
I've always sensed you had a downer on the bourgeoisie.

Glad we cleared that up!

What do you think happened? If you were going to give it your best guess?

For all my criticisms of the parents down the years, I don’t think they were behind it. There were some things that didn’t appear to add up in the accounts of them and their friends which I think warranted questions being asked by the police but the longer it’s gone on, I’ve felt it inconceivable that they could hide it for so long without someone cracking and fessing up. As such, I’m erring on the side of it being an abduction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.