Madeleine McCann

Fully agree. My post was sincere not taking the piss for the avoidance of doubt. From what I’ve read I’d wager this lady some deep seated issues that she deserves help for, even if she doesn’t at a minimum she’s convinced herself she is Maddie so will be need help getting over the loss of that identity - unfortunately she’ll most likely just get ridicule.
She does seem troubled for sure , sounds like she has had a shit time of it

The McCann's made sure to get straight onto PR companies in order to keep this in the press for as long as possible. Unfortunately you either have to have the money to do that, or the case has to be so mysterious it appeals to the wider public and they soak up the gossip - a bit like the case with Nicola Bulley where things didn't add up so it captured the audience.

The fact this happened in Portugal where a lot of Brits holiday, made it all the more juicy. Then they just went through the usual cycle of; police find evidence of x; police are shite; parents distraught; parents guilty; huge global trafficking scandal; local paedo ring; police are shite; conspiracy nut job says x and so on.
Not sure about the PR thing , dont recall that , sarah paynes mum didnt do that or bens mum , that girl who was kidnapped , shannon matthews , james bulgar they had all the exposure they needed with our media , more likely it is the same for any child that goes missing

Last edited:
The one thing that still annoys the crap out of me about this whole saga it that if Kate and Jerry had been a pair of saggy arsed tramps from a council estate in Bootle they would have (rightly) had their other kids taken off them in a heartbeat and placed into protective care because of what they did.
Kate McCann is a Scouser. Bootle is where James Bulger was from. Did that happen to his mum when she left him outside of a shop?

Not sure about the PR thing , dont recall that , sarah paynes mum didnt do that or bens mum , that girl who was kidnapped , shannon matthews , james bulgar they had all the exposure they needed with our media , more likely it is the same for any child that goes missing
The mccans did have the british chancellor (brown) turn up within a few days. which was kinda strange as this sorta thing is usually dealt with by the foreign office, so milliband should have been the one dealing with it

The PR campaign was huge around Madeleine McCann. The McCann's knew they had to keep it in the news to stand a better chance of finding her, and in the netflix series it was revealed that it was one of the first calls they made following her going missing. The only reason we are still talking about Madeleine McCann is because of the money they've spent on PR. Ultimately she was a girl neglected by her parents who was taken from an unlocked apartment a considerable distance away from where her parents were. It was horrible but preventable.

As I said before those other cases were shocking in one way or another. Shannon Matthews because it was all a sham to get reward money. Bulger and Payne because of how horrific they were and that it could have happened to any child really.

There are plenty of cases of missing children or murdered children which don't make mainstream media for one reason or another.

The PR campaign was huge around Madeleine McCann. The McCann's knew they had to keep it in the news to stand a better chance of finding her, and in the netflix series it was revealed that it was one of the first calls they made following her going missing.
I believe this was pure spin for the netflix documentary, and not true.

The bigger issue was the reaction of the British government (especially Gordon Brown).
At that time Blair, Brown & co were heavily into their spin & PR, and were jumping on every goodwill campaign going.
Brown turning up in Portugal after only a few days showed this (as it should of been the purview of Millibands foreign office )
Brown & Blair were milking it for all the PR they get, even though the civil servant sent to aid the Mccanns, warned them it might not be a good idea 'to hitch their wagon to this particular horse', as there was massive discrepancies in the Mccanns version of events.

I believe this was pure spin for the netflix documentary, and not true.

The bigger issue was the reaction of the British government (especially Gordon Brown).
At that time Blair, Brown & co were heavily into their spin & PR, and were jumping on every goodwill campaign going.
Brown turning up in Portugal after only a few days showed this (as it should of been the purview of Millibands foreign office )
Brown & Blair were milking it for all the PR they get, even though the civil servant sent to aid the Mccanns, warned them it might not be a good idea 'to hitch their wagon to this particular horse', as there was massive discrepancies in the Mccanns version of events.

I don't believe it was spin for a second. Holding her cuddly toy, going to meet the Pope in Rome etc - they were briefed from very early on.

This case intrigued me..If you have a VPN there is stuff on the net that is weird.

However the bottom line is simple. The parents fucked up . Two doctors who would not pay for a baby sitter ?? WTF..I have seen kids taken away for far less misdemeanours.They were completely negligent. I would have respected them so much more had they held their collective hands up and apologised..Maybe 25 euros for a baby sitter..?? Cunts ,the pair of them. No normal parent would ever do that.ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.