Madrid v City CL semi final 2nd leg

The thing is, you just knew that there was a slight chance of a goal, IF ONLY the players would only pass the ball forward, or take a shot. There was no urgency, even in the last few minutes, and I find that hugely disappointing. Real Madrid seemed to be toying with us, and kept lowering their level when they saw that City didn't have the balls to attack.

The whole match would have turned on its head if either Fernandinho's or Aguero's shots had gone in, but then nobody even wanted to try to take a shot. We kept losing the ball in the midfield...the less said about Yaya, the better. It seems that he wants to make a point to the City hierarchy that City will not win anything without him, but doesn't seem to realize that he could have written his name in the history books..if only he had bothered to turn up..

And of all the days for Debruyne to be out of form, it had to be this day.

Pep will have his work cut out with this team, three-fourths of the team will not make it next season, imo..

Stood there thinking 1 goal, that's all. A swift counter attack, a cultured build up finished off by Agüero, a moment of opportunism, a lucky break, anything. And all we got was an insipid performance with no spark. It wasn't a bad performance, just uninspiring and below what was required. I assume that's the end of Kompany, which is an additional tragedy.

There's clearly underlying problems between certain players. Just a shambles.

A club in terminal decline and I just don't see a quick fix.

Terminal decline from a team that has lost by the narrowest of margins to one of the best teams on the planet? Give over.

City looked exhausted for whatever reason-mentally and physically. KDB had no energy whatsover and without Silva we couldn't create. It wasn't lack of effort. I do think Sterling should have started for the two reasons I alluded to previously : KDB needed to be close to Kun to prevent him being isolated and he doesn't work hard enough on the left-as the goal proved. Yaya was run off his legs as he has been in the majority of champs lg games.

Still immensely proud of the team.

The manager has sacrificed the fa cup, the league and possibly top 4 to slink out of the champions league. Juve and Madrid on a different level to us. He sent out a team with no game plan. He didn't change it when it needed changing. We had no shape following his subs. No urgency even in injury time. One of the worst managers I've ever seen in charge I don't give a fuck what anyone says. Not beating a team in the league in the top 8 over a season is a fucking joke.

That was a really poor Madrid side, Ronaldo was at about 50% fitness. Even Bale looked shattered. If Pepe played for Stoke, Aguero and KDB would have him for breakfast. But like many teams before and after, they go to the Bernabeu and freeze. Yaya was not fit, and the ball retention of Silva was a big loss, but the most frustrating thing of all was the lack of fight. Lack of urgency, cohesion, playing to the strengths of the team. It may seem bizarre, but I thought about James Milner playing for Liverpool against Dortmund. They had gone a goal down twice, but he in particular would not lie down. Kept on fighting, kept on believing. Could have done with a few like him tonight. Only needed one goal, but I don't think their keeper had his hands warmed for the entire game. Not a great showing for the biggest game in the clubs history.

Leaving emotion aside and personal grievances against individual players, the bottom line is whether manager or players, we weren't good enough over the 2 legs. We're not at the top table yet

Sergio did nothing wrong.

What are people expecting, he's just banging his head against a brick wall, isolated at every turn, because we had no possession or link play up to him, hence him trying to drop 30 yards back.

The tie swung in Madrid's favour when Silva got injured.

I'd rather he camped out on the shoulder of the last defender and stayed there and never saw the ball.

At leat then he'd have a chance of making an impact. Fucking about near the half way line, he offered no chance. Might as well have played 6 in midfield.

Fuckin pathetic. Shite tactics. No Verve. No passion. Pedestrian. I thought it was a training game at one point. That was the semi final of the European cup? Atmosphere? Nil. Is kun auditioning for the centre mid role? I wanted a bit of Simeone passion. I wanted a bit of pep tactics. I wanted a bit of Zidane passing. What did we get? 11 players playing like a stale old ****. So fucked off we didn't take it to them and get in their faces. And for once I hope we get fuckin ripped to shreds tomorrow by every media outlets going. Fuckin hurry up pep for God sakes.

We certainly need to beat Arsenal, but I think it's gonna be one of those games yet again where we wouldn't hit the ground if we fell over, never mind hit the target. Stop trying to walk the ball into the 6 yard box before shooting.
If we lose to Arsenal we are up shit creek.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.