Madrid v City CL semi final 2nd leg

This is staggering, but true... we hit the ball at our own goal more times than theirs. An own goal and no shots on target. Holistic!

Once again ladies and gentlemen - I give you ...

NO GAME PLAN

Augero burying himself in midfield is bad enough ... being allowed to tells you everything you need to know about Pellegrini's Plan A.

He's had enough of an impact in this years competition to have an off day, he was poor, however, Aguero has been MIA throughout the campaign

Think he has just been isolated due to the system, a system reliant more on the CMs breaking that the ST

Thanks to conceding early tonight and not scoring in the 1st leg he had 4 players around him modt of the time. Real didn't need another

Two games and zero inspiration in either game.

We gave ourselves no chance of a result by poor tactics and pathetic attempt to alter the flow. Yaya if once again goes missing when a big performance needed from him - time to go and waste somebody else's money.

No fight , no urgency, no inspiration. Big fight for CL place now.

Seriously pissed off and fed up.

I don't know about you guys but in these kind of games i miss Dzeko. A player who holds the ball up and you can play the long ball to him also

That is a good point-this team has become physically inferior very quickly. We just to be a big team and Dzeko was a good target man.

Sergio did nothing wrong.

What are people expecting, he's just banging his head against a brick wall, isolated at every turn, because we had no possession or link play up to him, hence him trying to drop 30 yards back.

The tie swung in Madrid's favour when Silva got injured.

You honestly believe there's nothing he could have done better? Is there much point in him having the ball that deep? As good as he is we need to stop making excuses for him, or he'll decline.
None challenges for every high ball? You know that predictable drop of the shoulder and run behind that defenders know he's going to do? He need's to challenge better the ball isn't always going to be laid perfectly to him if the other team is ontop it's going to be squirted to him... he's been doing the same in the league, you might say he should be getting better service but you still shouldn't give him an automatic pass for everything... besides making the right runs when the balls not coming there's the dirty work of attacking needed to be done where you get stuck in and become a pain in the ass for their defenders(Tevez as an example, similar height too) he's not been doing that.

And Real Madrid were very poor tonight..Ronaldo wasn't fit..they were there for the taking. Not good enough..big overhaul in the summer..Mancini's ageing squad and this idiot hasn't done anything about it.

I thought the manager got it right tonight. We were sat there at the start saying just be within one goal of going through with 20 minutes to go and have a right good pop at them. If only the manager had been just as pragmatic throughout his reign, we would have won a lot more.

The problem is that we just don't have enough quality in the squad any more and thats not the managers fault. We set ourselves up for the grand stand finish but unfortunately the squad is nowhere near good enough against the elite. We came up short against Juve and unfortunately came unstuck again tonight.

There is a whole host of things we can accuse the manager of and most of us have justifiably had a pop at him over the last three years, yet tonight I thought his hands were tied. You could argue Sterling instead of Yaya, but I doubt Raheem would have had as much of an impact against a fresh full back. KDB's performance tonight was woeful and I thought he was poorer than Yaya. That free kick near the end was abysmal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.