Madrid v City CL semi final 2nd leg

Pathetic performance, from team of players many of whom will never be in a CL semi ever again. Kun and KDB were annonymous, and that in itself says it all. No creativity, no spark, no nothing. Very very pedestrian shit. Sad thing is, we could have had them over the two legs quite easily. They didn't offer much in either game, and even monkey faced Bale's goal was fluke.

But hey, it was down to us and we screwed it up big time. Offered nothing up front in either leg. Didn't look like we'd score if we'd carried on playing until next Wednesday. We must have only had about 2 or 3 shots on goal in both legs combined. And that won't cut it against anyone, never mind Real.

Sad sad night. Not the result, but the manner we went out - gutless, heartless, airy fairy bullshit. Only positive is that we got this far, and don't seem to be getting humped 4-0 by teams like Real in the CL any more. Hopefully Pep can add that little bit extra next season and take us further.

As always - CTID.

its the end of a fantastic era ,thanks for all the cups komps ya ya, zabba and who knows who else ,keep some buy some promote some, a fresh new time next season and if its without champs legue so be it ,lots to look forward to ,,

Indeed! I suppose the number of late goals we have scored makes him stick with the passing game til the end but we kept giving it away anyway.

I can't understand why the powers that be have not been asking the questions of who would play if the likes of silva and Aguero were injured. Imagine if Sergio has been out all season, we would have had Bony and and a kid available. Who thought that was ok?

I get your point but I think that's an issue for every team e.g. what would Bayern do if Lewandoski was injured all season or Barca with Suarez. I think we could cope with them being all for a few games but I don't you could really fully prepare for a situation whereby Silva is a shadow of his former self. Every team relies on their star players and we've arguably lost our most important one.

It's been the same story all season, no pressing no intensity in our play, kdb, Sergio, toure, nasri, silva, sterling, bony, just don't offer anything defence wise, pep has his hands full changing there mentality, 90 mins from a final and they strolled through it, they should be ashamed, the city fans were brilliant out there and didn't deserve that.

I get your point but I think that's an issue for every team e.g. what would Bayern do if Lewandoski was injured all season or Barca with Suarez. I think we could cope with them being all for a few games but I don't you could really fully prepare for a situation whereby Silva is a shadow of his former self. Every team relies on their star players and we've arguably lost our most important one.

We have but our lack of planning for the future and buying the right players has been poor. Ending up with 4 full backs over 30 is not good planning.

It's going to take one hell of a restructure because most of our long standing better players are finished

We never really played well. The last round was the first time we really had a game on and they were pretty disappointing in the end.
Our better performances have come in the CL this season this season IMO, but I guess that doesn't really say much.

What a fantastic opportunity missed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.