Madrid v City CL semi final 2nd leg

At least once during the match, i was thinking maybe someone doped their tea or something? I don't think they even had a shot on goal. Unbelievable, just one goal was needed, that's all. Overpaid spoiled brats, Bah!

I've read people defending the performance tonight and making out it wasn't that bad. Go the bed - you're drunk.

That was a massive opportunity. Real Madrid were very poor over the two legs.

Hard to put your finger on what exactly was wrong with us. The first leg was understandable given the need to shut them out, but tonight we just seemed absolutely petrified. Even being a goal down we were too petrified to take any risks. Needed a manager just to shake hold of them and say "the worst has already happened, we're going out, don't be afraid to try whatever it takes to win, even if that risks stepping on the ball and propelling it into your own net with your ass just try it".

Absolutely gutted with that perfrormance, players didnt look interested. FFS its a semi final and we should be busting a gut to get a goal.
Pep going to have his work cut out to sort out a team from that, Otamendi is useless, spends more time lying down than anything else and his distribution is awful.
Sterling is like Navas without the workrate. Vinnie looks like hes finished ( too many injuries to be a regular unless we can get it sorted). With 15 minutes to go we should have been going all out for that goal.
sterling was our best attacking player when he came on

I can accept that RM are a far superior technically gifted team, with a good number of truly world class players
What galls me was the absolute lack of effort to harry and pressure and pester them when they had the ball.
Their players, die trying to get the ball, and then try to do something positive with it in possession. Our 'world class idlers' don't, and that is a basic of football. You have to work blinking hard. Toure, walking around in midfield wanted me to kick the telly in, I'm sure of it.
Culture shock on the way for this lot when Senor Guardiola gets here.
I expect 1 year transition through the revolving door and then we might see something resembling some lads getting stuck in together, like 2012.

The most annoying thing is that after 160 minutes of the 180 minutes of a 2 legged semi final I would have accepted the position we were in. What I would have expected though is for the last 20 minutes of that time is that we'd have been pushing forward, lumping the ball into the box, sending our centre backs (and even Joe at the very end) up for the inevitable corners and set pieces we were going to be throwing into the box. Instead we had nothing.

+1 As I posted earlier why not send Mangala up front for the last 10 mins get kun kelichi around him. They had Ramos and Pepe who are basically red cards/penalties awaiting to happen . Why not try it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.