Maicon

Hamann Pineapple said:
johnmc said:
Pam said:
Well for what it's worth, I don't think there any more than a dozen clubs on the planet that a player might favour over City and Robhinio and Tevez are busy demonstrating this very point. We need a mentality transplant.

So if we weren't offering more money than say Villa for a player, i think the player would consider both options carefully. We can bang on about potential all day but they can say look we finished top 6 and have european football. You can see why a player might choose that over City. So i think its all relative but there are more than a dozen.

Sorry mate but that's bollox. A team finishing 6th before you joined it holds no more appeal than a team that is highly likely to do a lot better after you've joined it.

Exactly!

Like Eto'o, Tevez, Maicon etc. would go to Everton/Villa ahead of us.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Sorry mate but that's bollox. A team finishing 6th before you joined it holds no more appeal than a team that is highly likely to do a lot better after you've joined it.

Ok, so what they did the season before means nothing? Come on. Just disregard it? So Stoke have a clean slate I suppose compared to say Fulham. If you were offered one or the other of them who would you choose - or what would you consider?

Reality checks are needed

chorleybloo123 said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:
chorleybloo123 said:
Still the best RB in the world.

Lmao!!!

Who is then?

Ramos? Alves?

Most players I've seen at right back are better. His passing is woeful and his defensive play is shocking. Yes he gets into the box and occasionally scores but his alround play is very poor indeed. Elano was better there when he played there for Sven!! Zab and Richards are both AT Least as good (I think they could potentially be better but Richards passing is as bad as Maicon's and Zabs defense is possibly as bad too). Alves is better going forward as is Ramos but Ramos is better defensively. Bosingwa is better going forward too. Maicon is a massively over-rated player and that's an understatement!

chorleybloo123 said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
johnmc said:
Pam said:
Well for what it's worth, I don't think there any more than a dozen clubs on the planet that a player might favour over City and Robhinio and Tevez are busy demonstrating this very point. We need a mentality transplant.

So if we weren't offering more money than say Villa for a player, i think the player would consider both options carefully. We can bang on about potential all day but they can say look we finished top 6 and have european football. You can see why a player might choose that over City. So i think its all relative but there are more than a dozen.

Exactly!

Like Eto'o, Tevez, Maicon etc. would go to Everton/Villa ahead of us.

'Cos Everton are the bigger club and so are Villa, even if their stadiums are falling down. and their average attendance are thousands behind our own.

Only rags and lunatics would try to argue this.

Pam said:
'Cos Everton are the bigger club and so are Villa, even if their stadiums are falling down. and their average attendance are thousands behind our own.

Pam, you don't understand. Villa and Everton would not bid for players like Eto because they could not afford him or offer him Champions league. If they could AND they were offering the same money as us then I would say they were more likely to join them. Do you really think Eto is bothered whether the stadium could do with a rennovation?? Have you been to the Nou Camp??

Right so say Arsenal, right now came in with the same bid as us for Eto and offered the same wages. Who would he choose?

Fuzzmaster101 said:
chorleybloo123 said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:
chorleybloo123 said:
Still the best RB in the world.

Lmao!!!

Who is then?

Ramos? Alves?

Most players I've seen at right back are better. His passing is woeful and his defensive play is shocking. Yes he gets into the box and occasionally scores but his alround play is very poor indeed. Elano was better there when he played there for Sven!! Zab and Richards are both AT Least as good (I think they could potentially be better but Richards passing is as bad as Maicon's and Zabs defense is possibly as bad too). Alves is better going forward as is Ramos but Ramos is better defensively. Bosingwa is better going forward too. Maicon is a massively over-rated player and that's an understatement!

You lost when you mentioned Ramos. Easily the most overated defender around. He can't defend for toffee. He's got a fancy touch and is good getting forward (despite not really having any end product) Defensively he is severely lacking he just disguises it well because of his attacking ability.

spursmad321 wrote
whitt wrote:
I hope he's not right about everything. Will be gutted to lose Ela, think it may have a negative effect on Robinho too. Cheers for the info anyway spursmad!

Don't worry about Robinho, he will be fine. *wink*

Whilst SM later said the wink didn't mean anything - lets hope he is unwittingly physic as well as itk....

johnmc said:
Pam said:

Pam, you don't understand. Villa and Everton would not bid for players like Eto because they could not afford him or offer him Champions league. If they could AND they were offering the same money as us then I would say they were more likely to join them. Do you really think Eto is bothered whether the stadium could do with a rennovation?? Have you been to the Nou Camp??

Right so say Arsenal, right now came in with the same bid as us for Eto and offered the same wages. Who would he choose?

I understand exactly what you mean, hence I brought up factors other than financial wealth (gates and stadium). I believe you're way wrong about this, mate but I'd be interested to know your reasons for thinking it. can't imagine what you're basing it on.... and yes I do think a chip shop stadium would be a problem with all that indirect prestige and modernity (or lack of it)

Pam said:
I understand exactly what you mean, hence I brought up factors other than financial wealth (gates and stadium). I believe you're way wrong about this, mate but I'd be interested to know your reasons for thinking it. I can't imagine what you're basing it on.

My reasons are footballing ones not financial. Can you honestly say that if we went into Barry and said move to us for footballing reasons coz we are on the up, your salary will be the same though, that he would come? I doubt he would. So, if Player A had two offers on the table, one from Villa and one from us worth the same financially to him, would i be 100% confident he would sign for us. No i wouldnt. They can offer European football and also say with you in our team last year we would have finished top 4. I'd point to the fact that they were top 4 for 75% of the season.

We finished 10th and new players doesnt automatically say we'll improve on that. Obviously something is wrong if we dont but stranger things have happened. Spurs the over the past couple of years have spent loads and had good managers in charge but have struggled.

A lot of people point to Real Madrid signing all these players and how it might not necessarily work and the same could apply to us.

So if a player were to make there decision purely on a football basis then there would be far more than a dozen teams above us in the pecking order - At this moment in time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.