Maicon

johnmc said:
Pam said:
I understand exactly what you mean, hence I brought up factors other than financial wealth (gates and stadium). I believe you're way wrong about this, mate but I'd be interested to know your reasons for thinking it. I can't imagine what you're basing it on.

My reasons are footballing ones not financial. Can you honestly say that if we went into Barry and said move to us for footballing reasons coz we are on the up, your salary will be the same though, that he would come? I doubt he would. So, ife

So what are you basing it on, John? I don't understand what criteria you are using, (all financial stuff set aside for a moment) how are you measuring and contrasting the size of the three clubs? And what specificly do you mean by footballing reasons.

Pam said:
So what are you basing it on, John? I don't understand what criteria you are using, (all financial stuff set aside for a moment) how are you measuring and contrasting the size of the three clubs? And what on earth are footballing reasons?

European football and the chance of winning a trophy. Everton and Villa have been closer to winning or finishing in the top 4 than us over the last 5 years. No players care about the stadium that they are playing in really, and attendences don't really matter either.

Arguing who is the bigger club is pointless as how do you prove it.

johnmc said:
Pam said:
So what are you basing it on, John? I don't understand what criteria you are using, (all financial stuff set aside for a moment) how are you measuring and contrasting the size of the three clubs? And what on earth are footballing reasons?

European football and the chance of winning a trophy. Everton and Villa have been closer to winning or finishing in the top 4 than us over the last 5 years. No players care about the stadium that they are playing in really, and attendences don't really matter either.

Arguing who is the bigger club is pointless as how do you prove it.

OK then, I decree City to be bigger than United because their 75,000 attendances and their large, modernised stadium mean nothing and we are bigger.

You are being a WUM aren't you?

Pam said:
OK then, I decree City to be bigger than United because their 75,000 attendances and their large, modernised stadium mean nothing and we are bigger.

Being daft.

But your saying City are bigger than Everton and Villa because of their stadium and their attendences. What if an Everton fan pointed to their trophy list?? What if Villa moved to a 60k stadium and sold it out every week - does that then all off a sudden make them a bigger team??

The rags can point to trophies, crowds, support, perception in other countries, ability to attract star players/managers etc etc

johnmc said:
Pam said:

Being daft.

But your saying City are bigger than Everton and Villa because of their stadium and their attendences. What if an Everton fan pointed to their trophy list?? What if Villa moved to a 60k stadium and sold it out every week - does that then all off a sudden make them a bigger team??

The rags can point to trophies, crowds, support, perception in other countries, ability to attract star players/managers etc etc

OMG, you think trophies won back in the middle ages by Everton/Villa teams make them bigger clubs? I don''t think so.

But I knew you were WUMing when you said average attendances don't matter, 'cos that one takes the cake.

Pam said:
johnmc said:
Pam said:

Being daft.

OMG, you think trophies won back in the middle ages by Everton/Spurs meams they are a bigger club? I don''t think so. But I knew you were WUMing when you said average attendances don't matter.

This appears to have turned into a domestic and for that reason I'm out.

Pam said:
johnmc said:
Pam said:

Being daft.

OMG, you think trophies won back in the middle ages by Everton/Spurs meams they are a bigger club? I don''t think so. But I knew you were WUMing when you said average attendances don't matter.

You dont seem to get it do you?

We attract players at the moment because we have wads of cash and can pay handsomely. Everton and Villa have had better seasons than us and therefore from footballing terms would be a more attractive proposition. Dont forget we finished 10th.

super_city_si said:
Pam said:
johnmc said:
Pam said:

Being daft.

You dont seem to get it do you?

We attract players at the moment because we have wads of cash and can pay handsomely. Everton and Villa have had better seasons than us and therefore from footballing terms would be a more attractive proposition. Dont forget we finished 10th.

So taking that factor away, why are you saying City is the smallest of the three? What is your criteria, if it isn't finncial and it isn't ancient trophies from literall decades ago?

Pam said:

I never said they were bigger clubs did i?? I said it is pointless arguing with similar sized clubs who is bigger as they have different attributes. But look, in my lifetime Everton and Spurs have won more than one trophy. City havent. In my lifetime city have been down to the third tier - Everton and Spurs have not been out of the top flight.

Clubs such as the Rags, Madrid, Barca, Juve etc are in another league and no one would argue otherwise.

Attendences do not matter one jot. Juventus struggle for numbers? Small club? Newcastle get more than Chelsea and Liverpool.

johnmc said:
Pam said:

I never said they were bigger clubs did i?? I said it is pointless arguing with similar sized clubs who is bigger as they have different attributes. But look, in my lifetime Everton and Spurs have won more than one trophy. City havent. In my lifetime city have been down to the third tier - Everton and Spurs have not been out of the top flight.

Clubs such as the Rags, Madrid, Barca, Juve etc are in another league and no one would argue otherwise.

Attendences do not matter one jot. Juventus struggle for numbers? Small club? Newcastle get more than Chelsea and Liverpool.

Funny you should say that because Five Live spent a who programme on Italian football and Juventus were a case in point. They were all saying that Juventus have been in free fall for some time now.

Shall we agree to differ? Pointless argument anyway, given current circumstances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.